• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Safari Snorkel with TJ of Bushwacker flares

R

roke40

I'm gonna need to trim my fenders to get 33s to fit so I want to get some new flares too. I was thinking either Rubicon TJ flares or Bushwackers. I also want to get a Safari Snorkel and I saw some pics over on JU of a snorkel install. There wasn't much clearance between the stock flare and the snorkel. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these combinations.

To get the Safari snorkle to work with the BW flares, you'll have to trim the top of the flare a bit. Many have done this without a problem.

DSC00052a.JPG

(Mike, hope you don't mind me posting your Jeep) Too bad-so sad! :D

that is the arb bumper on the white xj, right?

Looks like my ARB, so, i'm gonna guess it is. But, my question is this. Are those clear lenses on that arb?

92jeeper said:
Looks like my ARB, so, i'm gonna guess it is. But, my question is this. Are those clear lenses on that arb?

It is an ARB, and it does have clear lenses. Stock Volkswagon Rabbit lenses I think. Maybe a cabriolet?

roke40 said:
I'm gonna need to trim my fenders to get 33s to fit so I want to get some new flares too. I was thinking either Rubicon TJ flares or Bushwackers. I also want to get a Safari Snorkel and I saw some pics over on JU of a snorkel install. There wasn't much clearance between the stock flare and the snorkel. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these combinations.

just remember to raise your breather lines also

Back