• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone run 255/70/16s

XJClassic

NAXJA Member #1086
Anyone have this set up on stock suspension...pics? Also, any rubbing problems... I have the new 16X8 AEV wheels on order, and didn't completely decide on tires yet. Looking at 255/70s, with a BB or small OME lift in the future. Don't wheel too much, but still want to be able to have a little fun. Thanks.

XJClassic said:
Anyone have this set up on stock suspension...pics? Also, any rubbing problems... I have the new 16X8 AEV wheels on order, and didn't completely decide on tires yet. Looking at 255/70s, with a BB or small OME lift in the future. Don't wheel too much, but still want to be able to have a little fun. Thanks.
Yeh, I'm thinking of this as a stop gap to bigger tires and more suspension. I'm stock, with stock 16x7 wheels. I'm thinking, when my current street rubber goes away, within a year or so, getting 255/70/16's on my stock rims, and just enough lift to clear them on the road. I'm thinking possibly ACOS up front, and just a shackle in the back. But I'm worried about vibes out back with just a shackle??? I would like to upgrade to a RE 3.5 kit in the future, but can't foot the tires and lift all at once.........and SYE and DS to boot. I'm trying to spread out my expenses. I'm also looking at aquiring skid plates and supernerfs......Too much money to spend. But I ramble.
I'd also like info on anyone who's tried the tire size 255/70/16. I like it because it's a little shorter than the 245/75/16 so less effect on no gearing, and just a little wider.
Any info is helpful!

No one has ever tried this size tire?? :dunno:

ChuckstrPT said:
No one has ever tried this size tire?? :dunno:
I can't believe NO ONE has ever mounted this size on an XJ????

Well, I haven't, but I did put them on my wife's ZJ and they fit fine. I did put a 2" BB on it, but I don't think they would have been a problem without. I believe they are about 30", so they should work on the XJ.

Back