• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pro-Comp shock bushings?

SonomaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Had a power steering leak that ate away the driver side front shock lower bushing. I can't tell if they are Explorer 1,3,or 9000's (got it used). Anyway it clunks around and just wanted to know if they are Jeep parts or Pro-Comp parts, and if the latter can I just get the bushings without buying a new shock? I don't need anything fancy since I'm not going to be changing out the rest of the bushings anytime soon. Thanks for the help.

SonomaXJ said:
Had a power steering leak that ate away the driver side front shock lower bushing. I can't tell if they are Explorer 1,3,or 9000's (got it used). Anyway it clunks around and just wanted to know if they are Jeep parts or Pro-Comp parts, and if the latter can I just get the bushings without buying a new shock? I don't need anything fancy since I'm not going to be changing out the rest of the bushings anytime soon. Thanks for the help.

I'm willing to bet mony that they are plain bushings figure 8 :D I thing it's daystar or someone like that makes replacement, and they are probably poly. ANyways to put them in and then put the bar pin in you will need a hammer, large socket and a vise :) (grease them with some sort of oil to make the process easier, and round the edges on one side on the bar pin)

Just plain 'ole shock bushings. They're available in either poly or rubber from a wide variety of places.

Back