• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trac Bar drop bracket

Nik

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where I could find a 3 or4 inch custrom drop bracket for a adjustable trac bar on an 88 XJ, I need it bad. Could anyone fab up one. Any good aftermarket ones already made?

I think the drop brakets are a bad idea unless the greatly reinforce the "frame" where they trac bar braket attaches. You are putting an awfully long lever arm on there so it puts a lot of force on the frame rail.

A frined of mine was running one and he was having rpoblems with it wandering around that came down to the frame flexing from the long bracket. RE makes a brace for theirs I know.

Led said:
tomken makes the 4" bracket
led

I still have tomkens welded to my frame from when I used to run short arms - the unit is very stout and made very nicely but just remember to torque and re-torque the bolts form time to time... Or just weld the sucker on there like I did :rolleyes:

Matt

Here is just the bracket in the upper right corner:

steering1.jpg

Thanks led, I was wondering where u got yours.

Back