• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stroker goes awesome!! thanks guys..

alwayzAMC

NAXJA Forum User
my stroker runs awesome, haven't been on in a while, took a little convincing and i am glad i made the decision, the stroker goes much better than the stock 4.0

well, i had looked around a while for one, and best price i could find was somewhere in the range of $3,500

i had been thinking about it, and finally decided to do it. a friend of mine has his own engine shop, He specializes in chevy race and truck engines, i asked him about stroking out 4.0 liter jeep engine one day, well he gave me a funny look, and said if i bring him some specifications he would give me a price on one. well, several fishing trips, four wheeling trips, and debates on 305, 0r stroking out the 4.0 in my jeep later, i brought him some specs on what i wanted for the stroker. he quoted me $2,800 with more goodies than the ones i see selling for $3,500 to $4,500. and it goes awesome!!

i asked him if he would do more, he said he could, i have a friend with one on order, takes about 2 weeks, if any one else is interested, he's got his own out door website that i am helping him with, www.a2zmaine.com you can e-mail him through that.

i know lots of us have been talking about and looking into stroking out our 4.0's hope this helps..

see ya in the woods.....

alwayzAMC said:
my stroker runs awesome, haven't been on in a while, took a little convincing and i am glad i made the decision, the stroker goes much better than the stock 4.0

well, i had looked around a while for one, and best price i could find was somewhere in the range of $3,500

i had been thinking about it, and finally decided to do it. a friend of mine has his own engine shop, He specializes in chevy race and truck engines, i asked him about stroking out 4.0 liter jeep engine one day, well he gave me a funny look, and said if i bring him some specifications he would give me a price on one. well, several fishing trips, four wheeling trips, and debates on 305, 0r stroking out the 4.0 in my jeep later, i brought him some specs on what i wanted for the stroker. he quoted me $2,800 with more goodies than the ones i see selling for $3,500 to $4,500. and it goes awesome!!

i asked him if he would do more, he said he could, i have a friend with one on order, takes about 2 weeks, if any one else is interested, he's got his own out door website that i am helping him with, www.a2zmaine.com you can e-mail him through that.

i know lots of us have been talking about and looking into stroking out our 4.0's hope this helps..

see ya in the woods.....

Good to know its working out for you, can you please give us the specs on your stroker, there are quite a few of us working on ours and i am always looking for options.

Thanks;
ravi

some of the specs are as follows

258 crank
240 bored 30 over
258 rods race sized with arp rod bolts
sealed power hyperutectic pistons
crane cam and lifters
melling oil pump
brass freeze plugs
balanced and blue printed
block was indexed

there was a bunch of stuff he named off, he builds lots of race car engines, he is the track champ at the only nascar sponsered track in Maine, i've riden in some of the vehicles he has built engines in, and i'll tell you what.

as far as specs, and how he put it all together, i won't be all that much help, he builds engines, and well, i don't...

he has an e-mail address in the web site i listed above, if you need any more specific information on the specs,

Back