• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a little Detroit Locker info ...

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i just picked up an 8.25 thats already geared how i need it and its got a detroit locker in it as well... and yes.. its a 27 spline C-clip as well.. spare me the "get a D44 or 8.8" stufff please i already know its not bullet proof but for my use its perfect and the price was right...
does the Detroit require any special additive?? any special MFG specs on lube? i plan on running full synth 85w-140....
what about axle change-out if i break an axle? i havent opened the cover yet but all the pics ive seen of detroits appear to be a "closed" unit.. would a C-clip unit have cut-outs/openings in it to access the retaining clips? i'm sure i just answered myself but i thought id throw this question out too..

TIA
mike

Just go with a powertrax no-slip. I ran one for 4 years with no problems. loved it. plus its much easier to install over the detroit. its about $100 less too...

it was cheaper to buy the new axle already set up the way i neeed it than to regear my D44.... so now i just have a spare D44 layin around, may sell it to finance the front regear though... PLEASE NO PMs about the D44.. if i sell it i will post it here first...

mike

Back