• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ox Axles for D-30??

Jeff-97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I read somewhere that Ox brand, was going to be coming out with very heavy duty axles for the D-30.

Has anyone else heard this?

I can't find the URL for OX to see for myself, if anyone has it, please post.

Thanks,

Jeff-97XJ

Jeff-97XJ said:
I read somewhere that Ox brand, was going to be coming out with very heavy duty axles for the D-30.

Has anyone else heard this?

I can't find the URL for OX to see for myself, if anyone has it, please post.

Thanks,

Jeff-97XJ

friend of mine called 4 wheel parts wholesalers, i think he said they had them, or soon would, iirc it was 900 a set, but supposedly stronger than a stock D60 shaft.

it upgrades the D30 from 27 spline to 30 spline. essentially the same as a D44 but with the smaller carrier. ARB has it also...

go to www.drivetraindirect.com
They have it...

I just looked at those at a show here in town. They are super beefy nothing like what any company has out right now. They are 30 spline but they come with an ox u jiont and the whole unit is a 3 piece system. Basically the inner shaft is splined on both ends and slips into the masive ears for the u jionts (kinda hard to explain) but here is the phone number of the rep for ox that I talked to. He said they wont be out until June. His name is Tim Retallick 510-441-7348 ext.7013

There was a small picture of these in the last JP magazine, mixed in with a bunch of pictures of girls holding JP magazine stickers.

They look nothing like any other axles you've ever seen. Not the girls, the Ox axles. But for $900, they better install themselves.

racer122 said:
There was a small picture of these in the last JP magazine, mixed in with a bunch of pictures of girls holding JP magazine stickers.

They look nothing like any other axles you've ever seen. Not the girls, the Ox axles. But for $900, they better install themselves.
Don't worry, just like everything else that's made and sold, they'll get cheaper if enough people buy them (think VCR and DVD or even 3" lifts).

The shafts are supposed to be stronger than 60 shafts? Seems to me it's a bit of a waste to do that, you'll just start blowing R&P's (that's assuming you're hammering on it enough...)

Well how much does a full set of warns and ctms run. i'll deffinatly look in to them this summer when i start desroying 44 shafts and joints :explosion

jeepme said:
I just looked at those at a show here in town. They are super beefy nothing like what any company has out right now. They are 30 spline but they come with an ox u jiont and the whole unit is a 3 piece system. Basically the inner shaft is splined on both ends and slips into the masive ears for the u jionts (kinda hard to explain) but here is the phone number of the rep for ox that I talked to. He said they wont be out until June. His name is Tim Retallick 510-441-7348 ext.7013

Jeepme Jeff, these are the ones I was tellin' ya about a month or so back, with the conical/no ears yokes.

$900 would be OK if that includes the OX joint, can't imagine it does though.

XJZ said:
Jeepme Jeff, these are the ones I was tellin' ya about a month or so back, with the conical/no ears yokes.

$900 would be OK if that includes the OX joint, can't imagine it does though.

hey dave whats up. When I talked to the rep he said it does include the ox joint because it wont work with any other joint. wont really work for me since I have the warn hubs but it sure looked nice when it was in my hot little hands. Oh ya I am going to have another little surprise for us xj'ers at the next meeting. :roll:

XJZ said:
Something smells like a front ARB Air Locker.....

or did someone just poof gear oil :passgas:

Nope no ARB yet keep guessing :D, here I'll give ya hint ..............it starts with an L

XJZ said:
Yo Du', that was my second guess, the LA's....you've been a busy man..... :worship:

yep.........the x member has been welded on and when I get back from New York then I will slap the arms on. They are RE TJ arms so it looks like I will have to shorten them a bit. They are 37 3/8" and I need 36" to 36.5" so time to buy a chop saw.

jeepme said:
yep.........the x member has been welded on and when I get back from New York then I will slap the arms on. They are RE TJ arms so it looks like I will have to shorten them a bit. They are 37 3/8" and I need 36" to 36.5" so time to buy a chop saw.

I saw your other LA posts. Sounds groovy!!

So, the community chop saw isn't good enough for ya any more, Mr. Long Arms?? :dunno: Big shot. :D

Hey, I just started reading the NAXJA forums, looks pretty cool here. I have a built YJ, but my Cherokee is stock (just bought it a month ago).

Anyways, just thought I would post this picture up for those who don't know what the OX axles look like. We just had a discussion about these the other day on our club website. I just finished building some D44's (for my YJ, not the XJ..) If I'm still snapping shafts after I get the 44's in, I'll be looking at these or at the Warns/CTMs.

ox_axle.jpg

Back