• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DC4WD terra disk brake kit

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know where to get ebrake lines that will go with the terra disc brake conversion kit for the dana 44 rear? I have close to ten inches of life and may eventually go to twelve

I have that kit on my Chrysler 8.25".

The TJ cables that they say fit were too short. The YJ cables (two passenger side) I already had for my drums needed a new end or adapter for the disc ends. I used the following adapter (see bottom of page):

http://www.rjays.com/Lokar/Lokar-Brake-Cables.htm

I drilled and slotted them so my YJ ends would slide in them. Once attached they look almost like the picture on the Lokar site. I cut off about half of the spring on that end of the cable since it was binding. Once all installed and adjusted, there is about an inch of thread left on the adjuster at the handle end of the cable.

You can check out this thread for some other ideas and opinions:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=14229&highlight=dxj

I have about 5" of lift. 10-12", whew, I'm not sure if that would work with my cables. But I haven't tried that YET.

Thanks for the reply. is there a big diff. when wheelin in 4lo? Cause i have the same problem when descending in 4 lo, i have almost 0 stopping power. I agree with you, I am buying the kit b/c thru a junkyard, i still might have to replace the pads and by the time i find it and drive to a junkyard and then get lied to like when i was looking for dana 44's out of a xj but when i got there it was d35's, i will find it will save minimal money in the end. Especially with brakes i feel go new. Plus i will pay for the convenience and time is money in my mind. What do u think about that pic of the ebrake cable with the end switchedback to loop thru, reliable? safe?

-Mike

I just bought the adapters DXJ mentioned from the same place. I'll either slot them like he mentioned or I'll cut of the end of mine and crip a new lug on the end after I put it through the adapter. I've got a ZJ disc brake setup on mine and I'm running YJ cables on mine with 6" and I bet they would work with 10".

I've got a set of ZJ cables but it looks like they'd be way to short for me and I want to use the YJ cables since I just put them in over the summer.

Back