• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tj flares, yet again

woody431

NAXJA Forum User
If I used a set of rear TJ flares for the F/R, would they open the wheel wells enough to run 34x12.5" TrXus M/T's? I want to stay at around 5"-5.5" lift. Should I use TJ fronts and TJ rears? I will trim, but not excessively, it's my DD and I still want it to look nice. Thanks

woody431 said:
If I used a set of rear TJ flares for the F/R, would they open the wheel wells enough to run 34x12.5" TrXus M/T's? I want to stay at around 5"-5.5" lift. Should I use TJ fronts and TJ rears? I will trim, but not excessively, it's my DD and I still want it to look nice. Thanks

easily... with 5" you can fit 33's with correct bs.

What kind of backspacing would you recommend? I'm most likely going to be running an AR-767 or something similar. Thanks

woody431 said:
What kind of backspacing would you recommend? I'm most likely going to be running an AR-767 or something similar. Thanks

4.5" on a 15x8 would be about right for a nicely fitting combo.

CRASH

agreed!

I run 35x12.5 SSRs on a 15x8 rim with 4.5" of backspacing. TJ flares with around 5 1/2" of lift. The tires fit easily but rub a little on the inside of the wheel wells when wheeling. I would go with 4" of backspacing, that's what I'm changing to.

Awesome, thanks guys. I want to just run a set of rear TJ's on the F/R of my XJ, better look IMO. I'll plan on a 5" lift or so, 34x12.5" TrXus, 15x8" AR-767 w/ 4" BS to prevent any rubbing. Thanks again

Swapping out the D35 for a 9", 31 or 33 spline, 4.56 gears, dunno if i'm going with a spool or selectable, only time will tell I suppose....Think I'm going to keep the D30 front for now until a find a HP44.

Stroker is first on the list though, this summer that's getting done, then building the 9" and then finding a lift. Ah, why is it so hard to make money, but so easy to spend it??

Last edited:
I'll just take this opportunity to throw in my vote for a full 31 spline spool. No parts to break - cheap, simple, pure traction. Now flame away locker boys.

BTW - the 9" has a very low pinion. With this axle and 5" of lift, be sure to budget for a Slip Yoke Eliminator and a CV rear driveshaft!

Jared:patriot:

Alright, I planned on that anyway. Mine is a 95, but I'm getting one just to make sure, my brother recommended the spool also. I think I might have the 3rd member already set up for the spool.

Back