• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aftermarket steering wheel, what fits?

Amund2

NAXJA Forum User
I want THIS wheel
od1987nn_big.jpg

But, here is their list of applications: http://www.ompracing.it/pdf/en/mozzi.pdf

Seems to be mostly european and japanese rally cars. My question is, is the steering shaft/spline on the XJ compatible with any of these, or is it possible to find a wheel hub from another origin that will fit both the OMP wheel and the XJ shaft? Or do you know of other wheel vendors that may have a similar wheel (this is a rally wheel with suede leather grip)? I have checked out Grant, but I didn't find anything else than fancy looking (and I admit I liked some of them) wheels, but it's the grip I'm after.

Alternatively, if someone has some measurements and a spline count for the shaft I can check stuff out on my own.

Thanks.

I can't be of any help to you, but I like the steering wheel. However, when I click on the link to the website that you put on your message I can't get to the webpage. Is there another link?

The shaft is in the neighbourhood of 3/4" with 36 splines. The adapter required to mount the Grant wheels is Grant p/n 3196. Given that and that it's a GM column, you might be able to cross-reference.

Back