• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar question

L92XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 92 xj with a stock track bar. It has what looks like a ball joint end on it and it moves quite a bit when give the track bar a shake (steering wanders too). My question is, can I replace just the end? And if so, where can I get it? (Autozone doesn't even know what a track bar is) Thanks for your help!

lcsxj said:
I've got a 92 xj with a stock track bar. It has what looks like a ball joint end on it and it moves quite a bit when give the track bar a shake (steering wanders too). My question is, can I replace just the end? And if so, where can I get it? (Autozone doesn't even know what a track bar is) Thanks for your help!
You can get a whole new trac bar online for 50 bucks shipped. Check 4wd.com or I'm sure someone else will chime in with a different website.
HTH :cheers:

RaiderXJ said:
You can get a whole new trac bar online for 50 bucks shipped. Check 4wd.com or I'm sure someone else will chime in with a different website.
HTH :cheers:

Can't beat that with stick! Thanx HTH and cheers to you too!

try placing a wanted ad in the wanted section on here
you may find a free or very cheap one someone has left after upgrading theirs
or if you see someone on the street with a lifted xj see if they have changed theirs

xjhm said:
try placing a wanted ad in the wanted section on here
you may find a free or very cheap one someone has left after upgrading theirs
or if you see someone on the street with a lifted xj see if they have changed theirs

Now that's a damn goof idea! Unfortunately, I ain't got time to do that. (1400 mile road trip planned, (short notice)) Unless..... anybody in Orlando got one they don't need? (won't hurt to try, thanks xjhm)

lcsxj said:
Now that's a damn goof idea! Unfortunately, I ain't got time to do that. (1400 mile road trip planned, (short notice)) Unless..... anybody in Orlando got one they don't need? (won't hurt to try, thanks xjhm)
How much time you got? I have one for sale cheap. Send me your zip and I'll check shipping.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21902
I take paypal.

Sorry, just sold the track bar. Had the thing for months and no interest, now everyone wants it :dunno: . The stabilizer would be $18 shipped if you're interested- I'm not sure what new ones go for. UPS says 3 days and I don't know if it would go out today

Back