• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny problems

chassellbandit

NAXJA Forum User
hey all, need some help figureing out my tranny problems. its a 93 4L ax 15. when i push the clutch in, it amkes a gawdawful screeching noine. soon as i pop it in nuetral or in gear its fine. also had problems where if has been running, i ahve difficulty shifting into 1st or reverse. everything else is fine. in november i replaced the master and slave/throwout so i don't think its either of those. plus the pedal feels fine. last time this noise occured, i crawled underneath and found the top bolt of the starter a little loose. tightened it up, and it was all good. crawled underneath this time, and it fel like the top bolt is stripped out. (not really sure how i managed that one.....) has anyone ever ahd this problem or heard this noise? would it explain the shifting issues? or any idea on wahts wrong there? clutch perhaps? any thoughts are appreciated.

Back