• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Toyo Open Country A/Ts

Atl XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry to bring up another tire thread, but I did a search and didn't get any info on this tire. Does anyone run Toyo Open Country A/Ts? How do you like them and how are they lasting. My XJ is my DD and I need a long lasting tire with good road manners and good wet traction. Its between these and the Dueler A/T Revos. But the Revos are sooo expensive.

I run them on my wife's ZJ and I also ran them on my XJ street wheels. I bought an extra set of wheels that had them already on them used. They were already somewhat worn but they drove another 12k after I put them on and are still sitting in my garage in case I need to go back to AT. I was impressed with the ride quality and their wear quality and that's when I decided to get some for the wife who now has about 6k on them and they still look new.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like them...

Go for the Revo s. By far the best A/T tire on the market. Firestone stores are also having a special, buy 3 get one free! N/c mount also.

If I can afford them I'll definitely go for the Revos, but I don't need tires for another 10K or so. I'm doing research so when I'm ready for tires I'll be prepared. Maybe I'll get lucky and catch that buy three get one free deal. My GF got that deal on her Dueler H/Ls and it made them a lot more affordable--good street tire btw.

Everything I read about the Open Country's has been good. FWIW, Consumer Reports recently rated them their #1 A/T tire.

Back