• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about power windows

Bobke

NAXJA Forum User
Hello, I have a 99 XJ Sport with power windows and locks, as I operate the window from the master controls on the driver side, everything works fine, if you sit in any of the other seats, ft pass, and back seats, the switches do not work. Thats with the window lock button in or out, is there a fuse or some other reason why these three other switches dont work?

Check the wire boots passing from the door to the frame, starting with the driver's door. The wires like to get pinched and fray sometimes.

Bobke said:
Hello, I have a 99 XJ Sport with power windows and locks, as I operate the window from the master controls on the driver side, everything works fine, if you sit in any of the other seats, ft pass, and back seats, the switches do not work. Thats with the window lock button in or out, is there a fuse or some other reason why these three other switches dont work?

my 2000 was doing the same thing, the lock-out switch was shorting out

check under your drivers side floor mat.My wiring was all rusted and corroded.Reconnected them and now the front window works from it's controller but the back windows still don't work from their own controllers!!!!

On a 97 plus there is a white connector behind the diver side front kick panel with 3 wires Yellow, Tan, and Black. Make a small wire jumper or (Alligator Clip) and connect the Yellow and Tan wire together test the windows if they work, you have a bad windows lock out switch. You could make this a permanent fix but it by passes your lock out windows switch or replace the switch cluster which is $167.00 from my local dealer. I removed the cluster but it’s sealed (not serviceable), got lucky mine started working (Who long who knows)

Xman

timely post - I've got the same issue with my 93! :wierd:

Back