• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gotta buy some tires

MoulderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I guess its time to get new tires. My BFGS are like drag racing slicks. I am looking for a medium to long mileage tire. I am gonna be on the street for 95% of the time. I want some good tires that will be LOUD on the street. I love the hum on the road. I just wanted some opinions on what yall think, looking to run a 32x11.5/15 or 33x10.5 or 33x12.5. All opinions are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
MoulderXJ said:
I guess its time to get new tires. My BFGS are like drag racing slicks. I am looking for a medium to long mileage tire. I am gonna be on the street for 95% of the time. I want some good tires that will be LOUD on the street. I love the hum on the road. I just wanted some opinions on what yall think, looking to run a 32x11.5/15 or 33x10.5 or 33x12.5. All opinions are welcome.

I have looked at alot of tires in the last couple months. The best deal I could find was the Douglas Super Sports. The tread on them is exactly the same as a IROK tire that costs $250 +. They sound knarly on the road but they handle great, and I'm runnin 35 12.50s.

124437242uNfMap_ph.jpg

Stick said:
I have looked at alot of tires in the last couple months. The best deal I could find was the Douglas Super Sports. The tread on them is exactly the same as a IROK tire that costs $250 +. They sound knarly on the road but they handle great, and I'm runnin 35 12.50s.

124437242uNfMap_ph.jpg

exactly like the IROK's eh?

0074131704904_500X500.jpg

irok.jpg

not quite!

yeah, I can see it.

you want high mile mud tire stick with bfg/mt i got 70k out of a set on an f250 they cost more but last twice as long as any other so divide the cost by 2 :roll:

I really like my trXus MTs. Been great with snow/sand/highway/rain and light mud (haven't been in the deep stuff yet). Mileage is said to be 40-45K. $129 each. They may be too quiet for you depending on what you're looking for, but they do hum a little.
Jeep on!
--Pete
45673026.jpg

This is the tread:
33372750.jpg

MoulderXJ said:

I ran some Bridgestone Dueller Mt's and the were awesome! Great tire wear! Incredible performance both on and off-road. Just uped my size to 35 and had to go with a BFG*. Would rec. those Bridgestones to anyone who expects performance no matter what the terrain!

*Dueller MT's only made up to 33....

If you want loud, Boggers. Might not wear all that well, but they scream.
BFG MT is also loud, and, in my experience, wear very nicely.
MoulderXJ said:

Who cares about how loud they are on the street...what really matters on a off-road tire is the performance in the dirt,rocks,sand,mud, and snow. My vote to go BFG Krawlers.

Renegade Jpr said:
is the performance in the dirt,rocks,sand,mud, and snow. My vote to go BFG Krawlers.
If you want your tires to do well in all of those the Krawler is the worst one you could pick. Not good in Mud or snow and ok in sand.

Try the Pro Comp XT's...they are a great tire...I would post a few pics...but for some reason I have never been able too.

mike

Back