• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where could I buy taillights from a comanche?

XJ-Cutter

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

I am loocking for a store wher I can buy the completly red taillights likt the ones from a comanche complete with box.
Or can I user my standard box (euro version) and have to buy only the glasses?

Thanks for help!

Cutter

Comanche taillights are like Cherokee taillights -- the lens and the "box" are one piece. The lens is not a separate unit that can be replaced independent of the reflector. Aside from that, the Comanche taillight has a different shape and profile than the Cherokee taillight, so you can't even break the lenses off XJ taillights and put Comanche lenses on.

And beyond that, I thought all red tailights were illegal in Europe. If not, I have an off-the-wall idea. If your XJ is in the year range '84 through '96, the true European spec taillights (not to be confused with the clear "Euro style" crap sold here in the USA) have the amber turn indicator section in a different portion of the lens than the USA lenses. You could buy a used set of US-spec taillights and with some careful surgery cut out your amber section and graft in the corresponding section from the US-spec lenses.

Ours are red on the top half, then amber, then the white/clear backup lens is at the very bottom.

Another possibility is a pair of lenses from an early ('84 - '86) XJ Wagoneer, which are physically the same as Cherokee taillights and interchange with them, but are all red.

Hi Eagle,

ok I have to say that I never have removed them, so Iwas thinking the lens (I learn english!! :patriot: ) is a second part.

Ok then I have to look for the early ('84 - '86) XJ Wagoneer taillights, the thing with the illegal lights is not as strong than some people says, official yes but it is also a question where you live, and more than this HOW! Because if you have a VW Golf with a minus height from 3" blue frontlights, a loud stereo and this things than they search for everything illegal on the car.:moon:

But I make the experience that a nice 4x4 gives eyeshots from the officers, and a smile in their face.

Do you know a shop for me to buy them, or do you think private persons will them ship also to germany for me?

Regards and thanks
Cutter

Back