• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997, 200000kms, what should I be looking for?

Buck Jackson

NAXJA Forum User
I searched the forums, but could not find what i am looking for, which is:
My 97 is about to roll over to 200000kms, I dont have the FSM, and I am wondering, does anybody know what I should be looking to replace at this point? About 20% of the time is spent offroad, otherwise its a DD. I do have a bit of vibration coming in at this point (feels like wheel vibration - bearings?), and the steering has been feeling a tad loose lately. I am planning on having my wheels balanced and an alignment done this weekend, but does anyone know of what else I might want to check for wear/replacement? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Buck.

:wave1:

Buck Jackson said:
I searched the forums, but could not find what i am looking for, which is:
My 97 is about to roll over to 200000kms, I dont have the FSM, and I am wondering, does anybody know what I should be looking to replace at this point? About 20% of the time is spent offroad, otherwise its a DD. I do have a bit of vibration coming in at this point (feels like wheel vibration - bearings?), and the steering has been feeling a tad loose lately. I am planning on having my wheels balanced and an alignment done this weekend, but does anyone know of what else I might want to check for wear/replacement? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Buck.

:wave1:

Well, on top of the regular which includes greasing all the zerks, changing fluids(diffs, tranny, tcase) filters and so on I would suggest to look in the steering box area (might be worth it to unbolt it and look underneath at the frame rail) for cracking. Also look at your ujoints.

Back