• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for Long Arm crossmember pics.

mtrxj

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to start my long arm project, and I'm looking for pics and ideas for a crossmember. Will be using full length RE TJ arms. Also does anybody have eye to eye lengths(adjusted shortest and longest length) for the RE TJ long arms(still waiting for mine to show up). Thanx, Jeremy

P.S. I already searched, looking for all the ideas I can come up with.

Nice work. Did you mount your crossmember just in the six factory holes? If so, how did it work? Are your control arm mounts 1/4 in.? Looks like it. If you know anybody who has built a crossmember for full length TJ arms let me know,or have them get ahold of me.(It sure is nice being a RE Dealer, and buy at dealer prices, but it sucks they still don't have there XJ long arm stuff done) Thanx, Jeremy

They are advertised as 36",but if your a RE dealer then why not just give them a call?

I think I'm going to do something like yours, but I will have to move the crossmember back behind the trans mount, then build a mounting tab off the crossmember for the trans mount. Due to the length off the TJ arms. The end of the arms will be about in the middle of where the stock crossmember is now.

BillR was asking about the same thing w/ Ford radius arms!

Last edited:
I talked to them today, they didn't seem to want to give me any exact numbers. Could be they would like to see me wait till they get there product(crossmember) done. I'm not waiting for that!!!!!! So if someone had specs it would give me a little jump on getting the crossmember started(or at least drawn up) before the arms get here.

Claytons crossmember works perfectly with the TJ arms. Go to his site and check it out. I am currently running this set up at 6.5" of lift and the arms at 36.5" and it works great with my 35's.

jeepme said:
Claytons crossmember works perfectly with the TJ arms. Go to his site and check it out. I am currently running this set up at 6.5" of lift and the arms at 36.5" and it works great with my 35's.

Is that measurement from eye to eye? Any pics of the RE arms with the Clayton crossmember?

mtrxj said:
Is that measurement from eye to eye? Any pics of the RE arms with the Clayton crossmember?

Ya that is eye to eye. No pics yet but I should have some by the end of the month( going on vacation for a few weeks)

jeepme said:
Ya that is eye to eye. No pics yet but I should have some by the end of the month( going on vacation for a few weeks)

Like to see pics of this setup also. (RE TJ LAs w/ Claytons crossmember)

Back