• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stoker project got a Kick Start!!

rav

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys;
I Just got a complete 99 4.0 Motor with 82k for $186 and won an AMC 258 Crank kit part # 3235477 for $130( http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33616&item=2464500583 ).
I contacted the checker Guys and they wanted $50 core + $130 for the crank, so this was a very good deal. I wanted to know how much of machine work will be needed on this crank as from Dino's website the '81-'86 #3235477 8 counterweight light crank, have a 2.38" nose as compared to the '87-'90 #3727 8 counterweight light crank, which has a 2.06" nose, so i guess i will just have to shorten it?.
Also i will be getting the crane cam and i am planning to take of 0.10 of the head, and 0.20 of the block with a 0.20 bore(as per Mopar specs), i will be getting the Eagle Rods but wanted to know what should be the ideal pin height for the pistons, i will be getting the venolia Forged pistons from xjjunkie as well as the rods. Also what will be my compression ratio?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks;
ravi

You nned to get hooked up with Greg Friedmann spreadsheet. It will answer all your questions. www.madxj.com had it posted in the stroker section.

I'm doing 28 cc of dish in my Venolia's.

CRASH

CRASH said:
You nned to get hooked up with Greg Friedmann spreadsheet. It will answer all your questions. www.madxj.com had it posted in the stroker section.

I'm doing 28 cc of dish in my Venolia's.

CRASH
Thanks for your prompt reply, my sroker will be an exact copy of yours, just found your specs and saved it. BTW did you get the rods and pistons?

Thanks a lot;
ravi

Back