• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alright, RE 6130 is out of the picture, now what?

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
well, i broke my digi cam. gosh darn it, not i've gotta replace it with a dslr :guitar: . you can tell how disapointed i am ;)

anywhoo, that cuts into my jeep fund. i was looking to get the RE6130 kit for my '98 (including the sye kit and new drive shaft to fight the vibe monsters). i can still afford the 4.5" lift w/ the sye kit and stuff, but then i couldn't get some of the other stuff i need (armor).

so now i'm looking at a lift that i won't need the sye kit and new shaft (at least right away). i'm looking at the RE6025 3" super ride w/ rear springs. i tried to do a search, but i didn't come back with any good info. and i know, i know, each jeep reacts differenty to the same lift. but the issue is that i'm going to be doing this lift at my family's house (400 miles away from where i live). and i won't have time to do the lift, then measure the length between the transfer case and the rear diff, then order it and wait for it to arrive. so i guess i'm asking if anyone would THINK that i would be ok to lift it up 3" and install a tc drop to at least get me back to my home (again 400 miles) so i can then do a hack-n-tap?

ah crap, one more thing...would 0.5" make that much of a difference if i upped it to the RE6030 3.5" lift? damn inchitis.

like i said, i know that each jeep reacts differently. i'm just asking for "what would you do in my shoes" advice from the more experienced guys. again, sorry for asking the question that's been asked so many times before.

If you go with one of the RE 3.5" lifts with replacement rear packs, just be prepared for it to net you more than 3.5" of lift in the rear. Most people I talk to have gotten at least 4.5" initially from the RE 3.5" rear springs. Just something to think about.

With the newer model cherokees your gonna get lots of vibes with any lift. If I were you I would save up for the SYE and CV Shaft. It will save you allot of headache time in the longrun. www.rustysoffroad.com has a package deal right now where you can get them both for $480. Or just the HD SYE for $200, which I think is a hell of a deal.

where is your family at....er...i guess i mean where are you going to be installing the lift. Did you ask anybody on www.swva4w.org for help (and a place) to install in roanoke? I know for a fact if you offer pizza and beverages this group will help. They seriously helped me, all for 2 papa john's pizzas and beverages :party:

rick

i was gonna proposition them with frothy beverages and good eats. but when i mentioned the lift to my father and brother, they wanted me to come home so they could work on it as well. kinda like a bonding experience. but i know better, they wanna see how well it holds up 'cause ever since i got mine, they've hinted around and getting one of their own to mess around with.

Wow must suck to have a newer XJ. I am at 4.5" lift with no t-case drop or sye with no vibes or problems of any kind.

89TrailXJ said:
Wow must suck to have a newer XJ. I am at 4.5" lift with no t-case drop or sye with no vibes or problems of any kind.
yeah, in some ways it does suck. but in other ways it doesn't. i like the styling better. but to eash his own.

btw, went out and replaced my camera last night and here's what i got....
PICT3764.JPG

PICT3767.JPG

and a link to a photo i took w/ it this morning. ** large image warning **
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/sfitchet/forum/pics/canon/IMG_0104.JPG

Back