• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do revolver shackles provide lift?

dgoxj

NAXJA Forum User
Do revolver shackles provide lift. I have a rear shackle that's rusted up and the spring pops every time I hit a bump. I figured if I was going to spend the time cutting out the rusted shackle, I could put in something nicer. Also, pro's and con's of the Revolvers?

Thanks

Some say that the revolvers get a little squirmy sometimes on the trail. This is because they provide less lateral support for the leafs. I'd avoid em. Sure, you get more droop, but there's no weight on the axle to give you the traction you want anyway. Looks great on a ramp, but does so-so on the trail. I've never run them, but they don't make a whole lot of sense IMHO.

Jared:patriot:

Im half and half on them. I don't think all the droop they provide is completely useless, and they certianly take a lot of twisting stress off the spring. The review on BC4x4 says they're great for keeping all 4 corners down, and that they dont "unload" but thats on a CJ.

My friend has a set on his toyota and they basically killed his springs by the additional axle wrap they cause. Killed a new set of springs in less than a year. At first he tried talking me into them, but I stayed clear. I think the cons out weight the little droop that you do gain.

No lift to speak of . But I've had mine a couple of years and they work fine, Increase my flex and don't apear to unload . I know some people swear at them but I'll keep mine.
itzak

I run them on my cherokee 6.5 bds long arm and they work great, i dont believe they provide any significant amount of lift, i think maybe 3/8 of an inch (read it on forums somewhere) i didnt notice any myself.

I run them on my cherokee 6.5 bds long arm and they work great, i dont believe they provide any significant amount of lift, i think maybe 3/8 of an inch (read it on forums somewhere) i didnt notice any myself.

You said you had a 5.5 inch leafs in the other thread. Suggest you look at thread dates from searches before you post BTW. Thread is over five years old.

Back