• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Interior (especially Beezils)

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
If you've done something interesting with the dash, center console, or just something neat with the interior panels I'd like to see some pictures. It just doesn't make sense to me to do so much work on the outside and then leave the inside full of plastic.

Beezil, if you've got any pics I'd really like to see them. I'm still convinced that yours is actually a tube frame with part of an XJ stuffed inside!

Jes said:
I've got shag carpet, dangle balls, and taco tape. Sorry, no pics though.

Jes
Do you have an 8 track of Earth, Wind, and Fire in your heep though?

Here's mine:
Spray painted the gauge bezel with bumper chrome and installed the fake wood dash from a Limited XJ model:

gauges.jpg

Oil temp. gauge:

Oil_Temp.JPG

Chromed aluminium sports pedals:

pedals.jpg

4.6L stroker (under construction)
- Websites -
Jeep 4.0 performance, 4.6L stroker build-up
- Tech Webpages -
CTS resistor trick, Dual electric fans, IAT sensor relocation, Intake manifold heatshield, MAP adjuster, Oil temp. gauge install
- Info Pages -
Automotive formulae, Jeep 4.0 cam specs, Jeep engine dyno graphs

Dr. Dyno,

Im going to be installing an oil temperature gauge in the very near future...
(already have tranny temp and vacuum press.)

how and where (very specifically) did you locate and install the temp sending unit?

i have several ideas, but im trying to figure out the best/(easiest/cheapest way)

thanks!

CaptTrev

I'm working on a plan to put my CD in the full-length overhead console to keep it from being roasted by the HVAC controls...anyone done this before and have any tips for me??

light_project.gif

I'm working on a plan to put my CD in the full-length overhead console to keep it from being roasted by the HVAC controls...anyone done this before and have any tips for me??

i didn't do my radio but a CB fit well in place of the sunglass/garage door operner holders
DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

the pics suck but the install is clean and out of the way.

yota - that's similar to what I'm looking at. I need to look around for optional lighting to cover the front seats still but the CD will be going in that area, slightly angled down so I can pull the faceplate. One thing I noticed is that the compass appears to be on the back of the pcboard, and I wonder if the dash is going to be a problem area to reinstall that?

Thanks,
Jim

yotaparts said:
i didn't do my radio but a CB fit well in place of the sunglass/garage door operner holders
DSCF0070.jpg

DSCF0073.jpg

the pics suck but the install is clean and out of the way.

ya know, I was going to do the same thing with my CB, but I realized that it was right in the path of my head should I get thrown around, hind site says that I could have been hurt bad with it in that position during my roll.

just my 2 cents

Fore Wheeler said:
ya know, I was going to do the same thing with my CB, but I realized that it was right in the path of my head should I get thrown around, hind site says that I could have been hurt bad with it in that position during my roll.

just my 2 cents
Nah, Mine's set up the same way and foresight tells me that my head would smash right through it, break-away style.:D

The overhead isn't held on all that securely.

Back