• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how to ship an axle?

andyr354

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody got some tips? Moutning it to the pallet, ect...

It is an 8.8 from and explorer. I think it weighs about 200lbs?

Cut a pallet or two and join them together so the axle fit on with some overlap. Cinch it down with some cheapp straps, and box it up with 3/4" plywood.

Take it to Forward Air and ship it off. Most companies require items like that to be fork-liftable and also be boxed up. Not sure if the 3/4" plywood is required at all places, but for FA they said it was. HTH

Fergie

Check with your shipper first.

I had palletized (is that a word? LOL) a bunch of parts for shipping and ended up having to take them apart and re-box/pallete.

Check to see your shipper's "spec" for shipping palletted stuff.

r@m

I made a pallet out of 2x4's. then just wrapped the snot out of it with plastic. but I have a contract with Con-way...

if you take the shafts out and and box them seperat. then put the brakes into another box. then you should be able to get the weight down. stuff some rags into the ends and wrap the housing with plastic. then ship the items sepperate via UPS...

I found a long narrow pallet (comes under truck body rails, etc) and cut it to 64" and strapped the 44 to it.They weighed 275 lbs and I shipped several from Forward Air in Boston with no boxing required Maybe they changed their rules? Or different shippers have different ideas?

Back