• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

progress pics

jeepxjga

NAXJA Forum User
well heres some pics of the new heep, we got the tranny/tcase in last night, so now its just finishing up all teh little stuff like brakes, shocks, and a few things on the motor that the PO didn't address (cut in half cps wires?, no elec fan, ps pulley cracked, needs new alt. bracket) and I should be ready to hit up tellico. i figure i will probably have to cut the fenders in the front a little more like my old one so i won't slice the tires...
heepsmall1.JPG

heepsmall2.JPG

...yay

what is your rear suspension set up? and pics? looks good, how wide are your axles? and do you think the rear 44 is going to hold up to teh 38s well?

its a scout rear 44, 59.5" wms-wms, the front is a wagoneer housing with all chevy outer, 61" wms-wms, i have a custom 5-leaf crappy flexing spring pack in the rear, i pulled it out of the garage last nite so i will try to get some more pics tonite.

jeepxjga said:
its a scout rear 44, 59.5" wms-wms, the front is a wagoneer housing with all chevy outer, 61" wms-wms, i have a custom 5-leaf crappy flexing spring pack in the rear, i pulled it out of the garage last nite so i will try to get some more pics tonite.

Ewwww, you put Scout parts on your Jeep? ;)

-jb

What I am most impressed with is how you managed to build it in such a small garage!! And your not the only one who has pulled it off in such tight confines!! My hat is off to you.....I meet with the site planner for my new house on friday.....2000sf. house and 1500sf garage (county planners won't let me build a larger garage!!!) :cheers:

mad maXJ said:
what leafs up front? estimated lift?

i just swapped from modified YJ packs to brand new JC Whitney 7-leaf Waggys tonight, and they don't sit as high as I hoped, especially since they will probably sag some.

Do tell.

You might want to check out your PS pulley more closely. They actually come from the factory with a "crack" in them. It really isn't a crack, I don't know wht it is but it runs diagonally across the grooves if that is what you are assuming is a crack. Looking sweet, hope it goes well for you!

yeah thats right i used scout parts....but only cause it was free :D i have a YJ main leaf with a stock rear (i think) wag pack underneath that, for a total of 8 leaves, but it flexes like mad. i know what you are talkin about with the ps pulley, but this one has chunks missing out of the lip on the back, it is defintely f-ed. anyway, i'll try to get some pics up here soon.

ps - the garage was a little tight with all the parts laid out in there, but we had air tools and a welder in there, so thats why i was doing it at my buddys house instead of mine.

Back