• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

32x11.5 on 15x7 rims

SOOLONG

NAXJA Forum User
When looking up 32x11.5x15 tires the manufacture has approved rim widths listed. I have after market wheels 15x7 with 3.75" back spacing. The manufactuer states the smallest approved rim width with this tire is 8 in. wide. Mount em up or stick with 31" tires? The only problem I see is that rolling the section width may wear the center of the tire quicker and your contact patch will be smaller. What do you Guys think?

Joe

I run 32x11.50's on a 7 inch rim with 4.5" back spacing, and that set up works fine. I do run about 28 lbs of air to keep a flat contact pattern.

The 7 inch rim will also maintain better bead seating when you air down to wheel.....

Ivan

Mount 'em up and adjust your air pressure so the contact patch is flat.

I know a guy running 33x12.50's on 7's and his are wearing fine.

I ran 32x11.5 BFG AT's on stock 15x7 wheels for 5 years. I had to keep the pressure lower i.e. 28 psi as was stated above.

I currently run the tires on 15x8" wheels and they have just a little under 80k miles on them. That should eliminate any wear concerns you may have :D

its no diff. then running 33x12.5's on 8's. In fact that might be the most common tire/wheel setup for lifted jeeps.

Back