• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need 231 parts (or whole)

Jeff in VA

<---respect
Specifically I need a 21 spline, long input shaft to swap into my case to bolt it to an AX5. Anyone have one? or anyone have a broken/parts case they want to get rid of for some $$$?
Jeff

Got a 23 spline for an AX-4 you want to swap?

21 long???

Are you sure?

I haven't ever seen one but then I haven't seen it all, but I have seen alot of tcase stuff.

hinkley

I'm not sure about the spline count or long vs short, but mine but it came from behind an AX-5 on my XJ, so it should work.

Tom,
I have a 231 with a 21 spline, short shaft that was behind an AW4. You sure yours is 23 spline? I thought all (older)AX4/5's were 21...I can probably get a 23 from one of the local yards for ya tho. I'm definately interested in the shaft you have...I'll PM you today.
Mark,
It's definately 21 spline, and by "long" shaft I mean that the exposed part of the shaft that sticks out from the front retaining plate on the case sticks out a good 1.5", more like 1.75". The shaft I have only sticks out about .75" and is too short to make contact with the output seal on the trans, and the splines only engage about .25". I know Novak lists it as a "short" shaft, but my experience tells me otherwise. Don't they all sit in the planetary set the same, regardless of shaft length? I'm confused now.....:confused:
Red,
Did your case come from behind an AX5? If so, I may be interested. Maybe I could swing up and check it out after this weekend. Wanna swap cases?
Thanks all!
Jeff

You stick out measurement is a LONG shaft size.

Now are you sure it is 21 spline?

You might want to double check because i now think that ax15s (toyota) had 23 and ax5s (Peugeot) had 21.

mark

Yep....21 spline to mate with an early model AX5. I've come to realize that they are a pretty rare animal......

Back