• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33X12.5 on stock rims?

BMWSOB

NAXJA Forum User
I searched around a bunch and couldn't find too much. Will 33X 12.5s fit on stock rims under my heep? The 31X 10.5 look pretty close on the leafs. I think i may need a spacer or some different rims with more offset. Anyone have any ideas?

Donovan

I haven't done it, but I think you'd be too close to the leafs, rub the inner rear fenderwell too much along with the front coil towers, and you'd hit the control arms even more than you do now with 31's, limiting your turning radius even more. You should probably get spacers if you want to keep the stock rims, or just get some cheap steal rims, it costs the same either way unless you score a set of used rims.

BMWSOB said:
I searched around a bunch and couldn't find too much. Will 33X 12.5s fit on stock rims under my heep? The 31X 10.5 look pretty close on the leafs. I think i may need a spacer or some different rims with more offset. Anyone have any ideas?

Donovan

12.5's are a little wide for the stock rim.

Typicaly you can go up to 4" wider than the rim.. Stock rim is 7"+4"=11"

Just search the for sale forum here, on PBB, and JU. Otherwise do a search for cheap steel or cheap black rock crawlers or something, there was a thread recently and I think they were as cheap as $37/each or something like that new.

i found a new set of crager black steel wheels with the purty little blue and red stripe around the rim at my local tire store...
go to a decent store and give them a price and tell them what you want...they will most likely cut you a deal if you are educated on price and not stuck on a certain brand
ie;the american racing wheel was $60.00 compared to the crager $42.00
add tax and mounting(negotiate on mounting) and you'll save or come out equal to the internet prices---no shipping!
what have i missed since the eightys when american racing was the "cheap wheel"
so get a wheel with a little more bs but not too much

Last edited:
I'm thinking about going to the junk yard with a tape measure. I know exactly what i want and i think i know where to find it. I wish i could find a place with rims without tires. I think i might go to a couple places and see how much i can get them for. Maybe i can get them mounted and balanced for cheaper if i buy the rims from them.

Back