• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What would you do?

BlueMJ

NAXJA Forum User
Not quite tech, but still MJ applicable....

Aight, ,yew guyz know all aboot my MJ.

I got an offer for $1200 for her to day, as is ...blown slave cylinder & all.

Combine that $1200 with my tax return and I can be in the market for a 93-95 YJ or XJ, straight up cash deal, 6 cylinders, factory installed 4WD....

OR

I can use my tax return to build the MJ, I stil need a 6 cyl, 4WD swap still needed. Plus all the gawddamn slave cylinder eating it does. But the body & frame are straight and solid.

I'm torn becuz even though I hate the MJ sometimes, she's still my Jeep, I feel I owe it something.

What would you do?

BlueMJ said:
Not quite tech, but still MJ applicable....

Aight, ,yew guyz know all aboot my MJ.

I got an offer for $1200 for her to day, as is ...blown slave cylinder & all.

Combine that $1200 with my tax return and I can be in the market for a 93-95 YJ or XJ, straight up cash deal, 6 cylinders, factory installed 4WD....

OR

I can use my tax return to build the MJ, I stil need a 6 cyl, 4WD swap still needed. Plus all the gawddamn slave cylinder eating it does. But the body & frame are straight and solid.

I'm torn becuz even though I hate the MJ sometimes, she's still my Jeep, I feel I owe it something.

What would you do?

Well look at it this way: you buy another vehicle, it has unknown track record and you can end up at the same spot wher you're at right now...... on the other hand if you build what you have you know what is in there and in what condition.... it is a toss up.....

What intentiuons does the prospective MJ buyer have?

My feelings are well known: There are too few MJs left to be cutting up good ones into trail beaters. If the buyer wants to keep it as an intact MJ, sell it and build an XJ for the trail.

I second eagles opinion

BlueMJ,

I may very well be interested in this. Is it possible I can drive down in two weeks to check it out. I could have a check in your hand that day if I am interested. Shoot me a PM so we can talk back channel.

Later,
Majo

I agree... At least you know what you've got right now. If it's not a total loss then I'd patch it up and keep it going. JMHO.

AJ-MJ said:
MJs are few and far between in good shape. :rtm:

KEEP IT!! :looser:

:roll:

Like I said guys, I wish I could keep it. I may be moving soon, I don't have the money to do to it what needs to be done.

This guy is gonna give me $1200, but it'll die a horibble death by dirtbag. I would love to see it go to a jeeper who wants to build it or just drive it as it...but I don't have that luxury...I need it gone or else it'll just sit here longer. I do not thave the time, money, equipment or space to build a rig right now and will not for a long time, so I need to buy a rig that is semi-built. Or atleast has dependable 4WD and a 6 cylinder engine.
If anyone wants to offer me $1200 so it doesn't go to this guy.....otherwise I don't have much choice.

List your MJ in the Bargains and Deals/For sale forum, somebody should snap it up quick there. I would, but you're too far away for me to come get it.

Back