• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91' - 96' XJ tail light wiring same a '00?

gw204

NAXJA Forum User
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about adding a harness for trailer lights on my '00 XJ? Well I put it off far too long and need one for this weekend. I checked w/ my local dealer and was told they aren't available anymore. WTF?!?!?

Anyway, I saw one at Pep Boys for '91-'96 Cherokee's that plugs into the factory wiring behind the panel that is behind the spare tire. Would this work on my '00?

Thanks for your help.

Brian

Eleven views and no replies. I too have been wondering the same thing, I guess one of us will have to purchase the plug & harness and report back to the other. Go ahead I'll wait.

Seriously, I really expected someone to answer this post. The plug and harness I saw was at a NAPA store 70 miles up the road where I was buying a belt for a roadside repair, just was browsing while waiting my turn. Cost about $35 if memeory is correct, didn't want to risk $35 so far from home, didn't get the part number and none of the 'local' stores say it is even made, not even Camping World.

Shoot me the part number and I'll order it.

Tom

I looked at napaonline.com and found the trailer wiring kit costs $31.99 and has the part number BK 7551469.

I then entered the PN and the page said it was for 97-00 XJs. I am not sure what the difference in the wiring. I know the late 80s XJs like mine usually don't have a tee connector listed. I found NAPA to be the only place to even offer a plug & play trailer light harness connector.

HTH

Martin

Thanks Martin. I shot you an Email about ten minutes ago. I'll do a yahoo search and find a nAPA close to the base on Monday and order it. Of course I'll post the results.
Tom

Back