• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vacuum bottle

bluexj89

NAXJA Forum User
I no longer have cruise, A/C Do I really need that stupid vacuum bottle anymore? I don't think I do bot would like to really know before I take it out cause I really need the space for my OBA setup.

Sarge said:
If I remember correctly it also deals with your heater and defroster.

Sarge
Thanks for the reply, but how much vacuum does that need? this isn't a daily driver anymore. Pretty much a trail only rig that drives to the trail.

I tossed mine

Sometimes the heater vents will switch from vent to defrost on there own and back but its only once in a great while. I dont really know if thats the culprit but other than that I didnt notice anything. The heat still works and I didnt have criuse and wouldnt use it anyway on the trail. The Jeep runs the same

Heep said:
Sometimes the heater vents will switch from vent to defrost on there own and back but its only once in a great while. I dont really know if thats the culprit but other than that I didnt notice anything. The heat still works and I didnt have criuse and wouldnt use it anyway on the trail. The Jeep runs the same

Good enough for me. Kiss that space eater good bye!

You really do need a vacuum reservoir if you still have an operating vacuum disconnect axle. Without it it will pop out of 4WD when vacuum goes low, which is usually when you need it most.

But without cruise you can use the little softball-sized reservoir, or perhaps find a different-shaped bottle from some other vehicle, and it can fit in a lot of different places. For example, many European cars have their vac bottles inside a fender.

Matthew Currie said:
You really do need a vacuum reservoir if you still have an operating vacuum disconnect axle. Without it it will pop out of 4WD when vacuum goes low, which is usually when you need it most.

But without cruise you can use the little softball-sized reservoir, or perhaps find a different-shaped bottle from some other vehicle, and it can fit in a lot of different places. For example, many European cars have their vac bottles inside a fender.
Nope the vacuum disco went long ago! the Ford D44 doesn't care for vacuum :laugh: I forgot to mention that, sorry. theonly thing that needs vacuum is the 4WD indicator swich the heater control's power brakes and what ever the engine needs.

bluexj89 said:
Nope the vacuum disco went long ago! the Ford D44 doesn't care for vacuum :laugh: I forgot to mention that, sorry. theonly thing that needs vacuum is the 4WD indicator swich the heater control's power brakes and what ever the engine needs.

The power brakes have their own reservoir, all the emission controls run directly off the manifold, and I imagine you know when you're in 4WD already, so yeah, lose the blimp and reduce the source of potential new vacuum leaks.

Back