• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE owners: How did you get the BP out?

Fergie

NAXJA Forum User
So I am putting in some rear JKS BPEs. How in the hell did you get the the bar pins out of your shocks? In addition to that, how did you get the new bushings in? I am switching from the poly bushings to rubber, so is pressing them in the best way to get them in? And for those that say that poly is better, I know they last longer, but they are causing a lound 'clunk' from the rear, and the rubber bushings get rid of/lessen the clunk. Thanks for the responses.

Fergie

BPE

I went from rubber with BP's to Poly with BPE's and it's lots quieter, even max articulated it a few times and still quiet. IMHO, keep the Poly bushing and you will be pleased when you have the BPE's done.
Now how to get it out 1. cut one side off right next to bushing with sawzall/hacksaw/cutoff wheel. 2. Get some SILICONE not penetrating oil and spray it on the pin and the bushing. 3. put the other half of the BP in the vise and twist the shock back and forth a few times. 4. More Silicone and more twisting 5. It's loose and the bushing is lubed up and ready for the new parts.
Have fun!!!!:D

I put my shock end in a vise, used a socket of the correct size and some WD-40, and tapped it out with a BFH.
For the bar pin, I did the same thing, but used a flat blade screwdriver in the slot of the bar pin. (again, with lots of WD-40)
If you need help, bring them over...:cool:

Back