• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D70?

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Saw one today in a yard on the ground. Was wondering what they were worth? Damn thing was HUGE! Big ass drums that were kinda pointed. 8 lug I believe. Forgot to mention that it is a rear.

Last edited:
Ghost said:
Saw one today in a yard on the ground. Was wondering what they were worth? Damn thing was HUGE! Big ass drums that were kinda pointed. 8 lug I believe. Forgot to mention that it is a rear.

Any rear end should not be worth too much. Every 2wd has a rear end, but fronts are pricy..

That sounds like a dually one like mine. 65in WMS.
if it had 4.10 gears, and was a standard d70 with the easy to drind off lip on the bottom, Id say its worth $150-200.

Mine was free.

My front d60.. now thats a different story. $$$$

Something like that?

aaj.sized.jpg

This one was on an Army Airfied F350 dually and had 7.17 gears and a Detroit in it.

Get that axle, it's cheap, has 10.5" ring gear, 3.5" tube and 35 spline shafts. It's not geting any cheaper than that. :D

:shocked:

Wonder what that mutha weighs

:loveu:

ashman, now much do 70 fronts go for ?, I didn't know anyone is interested in them. I'm pretty sure the 70 fronts are just 60's with 35 spline outers. I haven't seen a 70 front with disc brakes.

Hmmm, XJoachim I dont remember the hubs being there. Is it possiable that it was not a FF? But the drums were like that sort of. I think I will have to go investigate and take some images this week. It was definately a 70 though it had the 70 stamped in the case.

All 70s are full floater with 35 spline shafts. I don't know about one semi floater application.

Those are pretty, although discs would shave about 100 LBS!!!!

-jb

IIRC, in the world of rear ends, D70s are about equivalent in strength to the Corp 14bolt. Similar in weight too. The 14bolt is much more available (used in the rearends of chevys for something like 20yrs, so tons out there) but is limited in gearing (can only go to 5.13). Both are just starting to have aftermarket lockers made for them. I like the ability to get spare parts in any junkyard in the nation. :thumbup:

Do you know what proper discs weigh? :D Be glad if you can save 100 lbs on a brake swap :D

Majo said:
100lbs, you gotta be joking, 14 bolt drums weigh75 a piece

Yeah then add back in the hubs, rotors & calipers & brackets.

Still a good savings.

-jb

Back