• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum Bottle

SPSERG

NAXJA Forum User
I replaced my front bumper today...I knew to unbolt the vacuum bottle before hand. When I removed the bumper, I found the bottle intact with all the lines hooked up but with an exception. The were two of the semi-rigid plastic lines not hooked to anything. One had a 90 degree elbow on it and the other nothing. There were no open ports on the bottle, so i connected them and put everything back together. Any idea what these lines may be??

Round blimp about the size of a softball?

Or definitely oblong, softball diameter but twice as long as the diameter?

What options does your truck have? Cruise control?

Not to hi-jack your thread,but my 87 has both.The round soft ball thing,where does it mount, and does it connect to the cruise ?
87 5spd
Wayne

It was blimp shaped, and located on the left side of the vehicle. I wanted to check the attached lines, so I disconnected them and heard a distinct PSSS, so I know the bottle is holding vacuum. My concern is these two lines that have no home. The Jeep does have functional cruise control, but why would these lines be routed to the front bumper only to be attached to nothing?? Also, I may have been looking quickly, but I seem to remember seeing a horn on each side of the vehicle. One right behind the tank and another on the opposite side. Two horns??

Last edited:
My '93 has 2 horns; one on each side......but I thot they were electric...?

Yes they were both electric, no connected to vacuum in any way. Noticed the first one behind the bottle that is why I asked.

Back