• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone w/ 97+ XJ, RE 5.5, auto, np231w/ AA SYE, please help..

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
I need a driveshaft measurement. I am going to be installing RE 5.5 XD and I already have an AA HD SYE/ T.W. shaft installed at BB height. I just need someone to measure center of u-joint to center of u-joint and let me know what they got. I am trying to see if my shaft will be long enough to DD on while I get a 2nd shaft made. (I can't have down time)

I have a 2000 XJ, Aw4, np231w/ AA HD SYE and 8.25.

Any help would be great.

I wouldn't rely on someone elses measurement. It could be different from what you need even with the same parts. Measure yours up after the lift is installed. You can drive it around in front wheel if you've already got the SYE in place.

JEEPZZ said:
I wouldn't rely on someone elses measurement. It could be different from what you need even with the same parts. Measure yours up after the lift is installed. You can drive it around in front wheel if you've already got the SYE in place.

I drive 120 miles roundtrip twice a week on the interstate, it may not work. :D

I have driven it in FWD up to 55mph though.

The driveshaft shouldn't take more than a day. Just line it up ahead of time, and plan around the 120+ mile days. Just don't gun it around turns with only the front driveshaft. On the freeway you won't even notice the difference.

I came up with 33.5" on my 97, RE 5.5, NP231 with AA/SYE and 8.25. Like Jeepz said, lengths will probably be different, but that is a measurement for you to compare with what you have now.

What I meant was since the AA sye uses the smae flang as the front out put you can use your front shaft in the rear its been done many times

GottaBeJeep said:
I came up with 33.5" on my 97, RE 5.5, NP231 with AA/SYE and 8.25. Like Jeepz said, lengths will probably be different, but that is a measurement for you to compare with what you have now.

Thanks thats what I am looking for, just a ballpark figure. :wave1:

REDXJ4FUN said:
What I meant was since the AA sye uses the smae flang as the front out put you can use your front shaft in the rear its been done many times

Ohh ok, Thanks

Back