• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full size cherokee

gettinbetterXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I found a full size cherokee (looks like a wagoneer) in my local scrap yard today it has what looks like a, D44 passenger side diff, front end? Is that what it might be? and if so is it worth going back out there and dragging it out of the oil soaked mud it's in? What would something like this be worth to a Cherokee owner...or a Wagoneer owner?
Thanks

Possibly, what knid of condition is the vehicle in? There might be a reason it's at the junkyard

It's a passenger side drop, set up for leaf springs, and uses 6-bolt hubs. That means it's a fairly old FSJ because the ones built in the 80s and early 90s were driver's side drop. My guess is that it's not worth your effort to pull it and advertise it. Around here, I see 70s vintage Waggies and Cherokees rusting desdide the road everywhere. I can buy an entire vehicle for $100, or get it for the cost of towing out of someone's yard.

I kinda figured that, most Cherokees I find in the JY either have D35's or scorch marks where the OTHER guy took the D44 before I got there! :doh:
The jeep looked to be old and rusted but in the JY as a result of a crash it looked like. Everything you said was right on Eagle leafs, 6 lug etc Thanks guys

Back