• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new lift requirements for 98 XJ

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
so i started with the RE 6130 kit (4.5") and moved to 6" of lift using rusty control arms and shackles...

I bought some RE drop brackets, RE 7.5" coils and new leafs to go in the rear. it will sit 7.5 front and rear. I made all the mods required for the 4.5" lift (22"SS brakelines in front and extended in rear, the ones that came with the kit. SYE, CV shaft)

i should be okay control arm wise and shocks(i'm buying new ones of course), but what about the rear shaft angle and front angle. do i need new shafts again. will i experience vibes if i don't correct the shaft angle in the rear? it doesn't look too bad right now at 6". what about brakelines? i just want to do things right the first time...

thanks,
brandon

If you are running a RE 7.5" lift I hope you are shooting for a 38" tire size. The RE 5.5" fits 35s beautifully------------Kyle

offroadman83 said:
If you are running a RE 7.5" lift I hope you are shooting for a 38" tire size. The RE 5.5" fits 35s beautifully------------Kyle

not totally decided on tire siz yet, probably just 33's for now, till i swap out the axles. i have a rear 29 spline 8.25 and can only go to 4.56...

brandon

shimmy said:
RE 7.5" coils......it will sit 7.5 front.
Is the RE1358 7.5" TJ/XJ Coils giving a true 7.5" of lift, or more? I am contemplating getting these coils to replace my 4.5" ZJ coils and 2" spacers.
Thanks,
Dan.

TRNDRVR said:
Is the RE1358 7.5" TJ/XJ Coils giving a true 7.5" of lift, or more? I am contemplating getting these coils to replace my 4.5" ZJ coils and 2" spacers.
Thanks,
Dan.

well, i dont know for sure, but i;m guessing that since they other coils give roughly .5" taller than what they are listed at, i assume it gives around 8". i have a winch and BPI bumper, so it'll probably settle around 7.5"

brandon

with that lift you can fit 37-38 tires but unless you cut your fenders you will just rip your tires or body apart, plus you wont have that much flex.. I run 35s with BushWacker for really good flex...

Back