• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Anti-Rocks

Flyin'Brian

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help!!
I'm coming to the end of a new XJ project: 4-links front&rear, Tera50,60, Coil-overs front&rear. I am using a custom Curry anti-rock for the front by tying it into the roll cage, and desperately want to use an anti-rock (or something similar) for the rear, but w' gas tank, shocks, and CAs going everywhere, I'm having trouble deciding where to put it. Any ideas?? :confused:

Flyin'Brian said:
Need some help!!
I'm coming to the end of a new XJ project: 4-links front&rear, Tera50,60, Coil-overs front&rear. I am using a custom Curry anti-rock for the front by tying it into the roll cage, and desperately want to use an anti-rock (or something similar) for the rear, but w' gas tank, shocks, and CAs going everywhere, I'm having trouble deciding where to put it. Any ideas?? :confused:

How far along are you on the rest of the rear 4 link? I have a feeling you're still in the planning stages if something like this has got you stumped. I don't mean any offense, in fact, I think that once you get a little farther (finding room for good triangulation, cutting to make room for the coilovers, etc.), the rear anti rock bar is going to seem like cake!

I could be wrong, but either way... that's all the advice I've got! :p
Billy

Jeep is on the ground, waiting for coil-overs to arrive. I powdercoat for Tera, and they used my old xj for a lab rat when designing their rear coil conversion. They set me up w/ a sway bar about as big around as my thumb that was twisted in all sorts of directions in order to fit, but I think due to it's small size. it didn't help too much. On my new jeep, the lower CAs are triangulated from outside rear to inside front, just under the cv joint. Upper CAs are mounted on top of the 60 and move outward. I have always wanted to sway bar the rear, and yep, yer right- it should have always been part of the design, but if I have to I'll run w/out one.

Flyin'Brian said:
Jeep is on the ground, waiting for coil-overs to arrive. I powdercoat for Tera, and they used my old xj for a lab rat when designing their rear coil conversion. They set me up w/ a sway bar about as big around as my thumb that was twisted in all sorts of directions in order to fit, but I think due to it's small size. it didn't help too much. On my new jeep, the lower CAs are triangulated from outside rear to inside front, just under the cv joint. Upper CAs are mounted on top of the 60 and move outward. I have always wanted to sway bar the rear, and yep, yer right- it should have always been part of the design, but if I have to I'll run w/out one.

How about posting some pics of the current setup... sounds like you may get some more "feasable" suggestions if we can see what ya' got to work with.
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
How about posting some pics of the current setup... sounds like you may get some more "feasable" suggestions if we can see what ya' got to work with.
Billy

10-4. I'm on shift tomorrow (FFparamedic), so I'll post 'em thurs.

Back