• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Add-a-leaf

I don't which size leaf that is but my friend got thed full length 3.5" AAL and it sagged like a beast. It was alright for about a month but then it just started following the curve of the stock springs and since they were already sagged it was pointless. I just ordered full 3.5" packs from RE and DAYUUUMMM they look sooooo much beefier and stronger then the stock springs. So if you can find the cash somewhere or purchase on a credit card I'd say just go with full packs not any of that AAL junk.

Nick

There are still lots of reasons to run your OEM pack. Granted the springs are not as thick and strong like a full replacement pack. You can get some incredible flex out of your OEM pack. There are many guys on the board who run custome OEM packs and they are hit the hardeat trails in the country.

The RE AAl may be a start, but what a lot of guys do is they get another XJ pack, cut the eyes off the main leaf and add it. This adds some more strength with out really changing the flex or ride. Make sure you get the long AAL's, a short one will kill your OEM pack.

97XJ said:
Has anyone used the RE1410 full legnth add-a-leaf.If so how much lift did you get and how is the ride?

As above, I'm not sure of the part #, but I run a full length RE AAL in my 4.5 (w/1" block). Been going for 3 years with no noticeable sag, and moderate wheeling. I've been pleasantly suprised.

I am running the Pro Comp short AAL and it gave me about 2" and fixed my saggy stock leaf pack. No problems so far.

Anyone actually answer the original Question ? What is the actual approx height gained from the RE1410 Full AAL 2.5 and how is the ride quality ?

THX
pete

with the RE full-length AAL and a teraflex 1.5" rear shackle i got about 3.5" of lift

Brad

Put one in my 95 about 6 months ago. Got an additional 2 - 2 1/2 inches of lift. Put in OME shocks at the same time. In case your interested, it's rough riding...

anybody add the 2.5" full length RE aal to a 3.5" RE pack? my pack is about flat and feeling quite soft. i already have the new AAL lying around in case you were going to say "just get the RE 4.5" pack"

I bought RE's 2.5" full length AAL a long time ago....maybe 5-6 years ago?.....for my first XJ. I got 3" of lift. They may have changed since then, so your YMMV. The ride wasn't all that great, among a couple of other less than ideal things you might deal with. That's why I always encourage buying a new spring pack if it can be afforded.

jeepsrock said:
Anyone actually answer the original Question ? What is the actual approx height gained from the RE1410 Full AAL 2.5 and how is the ride quality ?
No, that question is not answerable. The AAL can give 2.5" lift, but that assumes an existing leafpack without sag...something that the XJ is well known for.

I think if you have non-sagging leaves an AAL is a good idea. If they're sagged it's a waste of money. Everyone says they sag but that's likely due to their crappy old springs. I hear alot of people say that aftermarket spring packs have issues also. Some give way too much lift and ride like garbage and some sag quickly also. I put Rusty's 3" full length AAL in the springs of my 2000 which has only 56000 miles and everything is perfect after alot of hard offroading. It flexes like wild and isn't too stiff on the road. I love the ride in fact and it hasn't sagged a bit. I assume this extra leaf will make my stock springs last longer since they're now supported by another long leaf.
Just my thoughts though.

Well the as many of u know ...the reason i ask is because i am not sure of what to do to get some lift on my xj. My rear really isnt saggin at all , but at the same time i cant make the ride very stiff or my parents will complain as they drive it every once in a while. (look at my BB2" thread) . I am also limited in the mount of money i can spend. This is just something to beak it up a bit , and i was looking at the RE 2.5 full AAL.

pete

If anyone is interested, I installed full length addaleafs for a 98 silverado, and I love them. $50 at Four Wheel Parts, and very strong. They extend almost the entire length.

I installed these around five years ago, as part of the RE 2 in lift kit, and I'm still using the same. I live on a rough dirt road and the ride is definitely stiffer, as might be expected with AAL, but not unexceptable. I did remove the rear sway bar and changed the shocks at the same time. And, yes, at some time in the future, I intend to switch to new full leaf packs.

Get a Skyjacker 3-inch full-length AAL. I've had mine for four and a half years now and it still sits somewhere between 2.5 and 3 inches.

I have not infact run that specific AAL, but have used a full length AAL from Rubicon and got no sagging, and the ride was only marginally stiffer but still flexed very well. My suggestion to you is if you do install an AAL make sure it is a full leaf, that your old springs are in great shape, and you may want to consider some upgraded shocks. The shocks from Old Man Emu ride very nice and are designed to suit particular vehicle applications which means that if you get some OME shocks for an XJ, they were made to work well with an XJ, and they really do. Getting some good quality shocks really helps with the ride quality. If you do decide to go with the Full AAL from Rubicon more than likely you will get the advertised height increase, at first it may be more until things settle and usually they endup about where they are supposed to.

Back