• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Road Outfitters Are Liars And Theives!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Rocky Road Outfitters: I had a problem with them

This was my 3rd and last order from these folks(Ive never got anything from them in less than 6 weeks).Still waiting(6 weeks now) for my 15x7 wheels.They took my money no problem!After that it has been one lie after another.Every week I talk to them and they promise something,every week that promise is broken.On monday they said they HAD my wheels and that they would be here today.Today no wheels,called them to find out,more promises.Im considering legal action and will do everything in my power to make them pay for their business practices!I hope they freqent the these sights and read this,Im about to go postal over this company!Ive ordered parts from all over the country and have NEVER had anything take over a week to get here.I ordered "Custom" Centerlines recently and they were here on the 3rd day.Sorry for venting so much but this is BS.

Last edited:
wow

ive only dealth with them once, and had a fairly ok experience with them. (rock sliders).

that really sucks though man

CaptTrev

Like I said about a month ago on the old board,If they had said it would take 2 months to get, it would have been "my choice" at that point.But please dont take my money and continously lie and make excuses from there,my blood pressure is just barely settling down now(this week).Ive already spent over a thousand on tires (had to order the 33's) that have been sitting down at Discount now for 3 weeks.

Btw:My order was only for 15x7 w/4.5" bs steel wheels(Rockcrawlers).

PS.I have talked to Chris,Matt,and Mike multiple times.I would love to hear from Glenn once!

Last edited:
how did you pay? if with credit card, consider disputing the charge with the CC company.
companies are not supposed to charge before the order is shipped as i understand it.

ive had neutral experiences with them, but your situation doesnt seem uncommon.
~John

I ordered bushwhacker flares, rockrails and
a ring and pinion from them, the flares came pretty quick
then the rockrails came about three weeks later
and after the third month I canceled the ring and pinion
and ordered it from another dealer and got it in two days.
thats all I got to say about rockyroad.

JohnBuuu said:
how did you pay? if with credit card, consider disputing the charge with the CC company.
companies are not supposed to charge before the order is shipped as i understand it.

ive had neutral experiences with them, but your situation doesnt seem uncommon.
~John
Its a catch 22,they are customs wheels so a deposit would be typical to place the order.I always pay in full to eliminate futher paperwork

I also had a bad experience with them last year........

We deal with them for Samurai parts and get the same BS. I ordered a present for my boyfriend last Christmas......was never asked about the model/body style or anything when placing the order....the item came....i gave it to corey....it was wrong, of course.....then they insisted that I pay return shipping and a 20% restocking fee....FOR THEIR MISTAKE!!!.......i never talked to them again......

em

I've also had problems with a Samurai lift from them. Some of the parts came about 4 weeks after we ordered the kit, and they said the rest was on the way. After a couple more weeks of waiting someone there told us that the parts we needed they made in batches so they wouldn't be ready until a couple more orders came in so they could do them all at once. I'm not sure if they make the parts themselves, but it seems kinda shady to me to charge for a "kit" and not ship parts of it until they get around to making it. I'm just glad that I've never had to deal with them for anything on my Jeep.

Sounds Like
They have a min $ order requirement with their distributor, not uncommon. You give them an order and they wait till they have enough to make the min to place the order. If its a slow couple of weeks you wait.
Very few of these companies hold any stock on hand, they are simple resellers/order takers......there is only one company i know that has stock on stuff and that Rusty.

At least if they dont have it they should give you the real deal

regards
chewy

I have only ordered one thing from Rocky Road, and that was some 1" blocks. Thay told me they will ship the next day, so I should see them in 1 week. I called back a week later and they said they will ship the next day. Bottom line, they got to me in 3 weeks. I will not be ordering from them again.

As much crap as Rusty takes on this board, I have never had an order from Rusty's take more than a week (about a dozen orders).

That sucks I have ordered 2 orders from them Bull Bar, and then headlights. The lights actually came a day before they were supposed to and the bull bar was late because it sat at the trucking terminal for a week before they called me. But all this bad experiances makes me weary to order more parts from them. I hate when crap takes forever.

Has anyone who had a problem actually confronted them on this asked why they have lied? Alot of the time if you mention that unless something can be cleared up you won't purchase anything from them again. I did that with quadratec and they hooked me up pretty well although it did take some persuasion.

Interesting, had an experience like that with them, seems like rr does tings kind of backasswards, after 3 weeks waiting for spring shackles, I canceled the order, I hear bad things about Rusty's service all the time, but anything I have ever ordered from there showed up when it was expected, and everything was right....

despite all this negative talk I think im gonna try my luck at getting one of thier adjustable trackbars. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back