• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

add a leaf info is what i desire

xjrugger

NAXJA Forum User
im looking for an additional inch out of my rear to match the front and clear the 35's with no fender contact, my spring pack is model RE1462 by Rubicon. Can I add an arched leaf and where should i place it, also will this give enough boost, or should i buy 8 inch spring packs and eliminate the blocks? mmmm Or are there longer shackles than my rubicon set? p.s i already have cut out the rear fenders

xjrugger said:
im looking for an additional inch out of my rear to match the front and clear the 35's with no fender contact, my spring pack is model RE1462 by Rubicon. Can I add an arched leaf and where should i place it, also will this give enough boost, or should i buy 8 inch spring packs and eliminate the blocks? mmmm Or are there longer shackles than my rubicon set? p.s i already have cut out the rear fenders

Why not just use a block, you only need one more inch. If you are worried about leverage, do what I did.

http://home.comcast.net/~cdutke/springperches

I am using some Chevy 1500 2" lowering shackles in the back of my jeep with at LEAST 2" of lift probably a little more like 2.25" They are MUCH longer than stock and very cheap. Fairly good construction for $37 bucks shipped to my door. I had to cut the pins down with a hacksaw but other than that am extremely pleased. I will update with a pic this afternoon.
Alan

I have a 2inch block set in already, but im hesitant to use three b/c as it is I want to rid of any axle wrap issues. I hear big off road has 8 inch springs for the rear, does anyone have expierience with these? Otherwise all I really need is an inch and I have broke the bank enough in the past on the jeep and would rather put the money elsewhere in the truck than have to but all new leaves. Where can i get those 3Inch blocks anyway? And what add a leaf could I use that would add an inch to Rubicon's RE1462 4.5" pack?

ChuckD said:
I hope you have at least a long AAL. If you want I could show some pictures of what could happen to you.
Nope its a Pro Comp short AAL.

yeah, I don't plan on any serious wheeling with my setup right now. This spring I am going to get a full leaf pack for it. I just had those parts lying around.

Back