• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible rear Powertrax No Slip noise?

mtrxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a slight clunk from the rear, under hard Acceleration from a stop(about two clunks, by 30mph it's normal). Everything seems to be tight. I was thinking the noise might be coming from the locker. I turn wrenches for a living, but this one has me stumped. Hopefully someone has come across this before. Thanx

mtrxj said:
I have a slight clunk from the rear, under hard Acceleration from a stop(about two clunks, by 30mph it's normal). Everything seems to be tight. I was thinking the noise might be coming from the locker. I turn wrenches for a living, but this one has me stumped. Hopefully someone has come across this before. Thanx

Is it still working... i.e. locking up. A friend installed his and we went to test it a day later and a tooth broke. Might be worth checking... FWIW, the sent him a new one.

poppabear said:
Is it still working... i.e. locking up. A friend installed his and we went to test it a day later and a tooth broke. Might be worth checking... FWIW, the sent him a new one.
Still works good. Just that noise, Hard on the gas...Thump Thump... normal.

One possibility is that one of the rear tires has a different diameter than the other. Mine did it until I got new tires on the back.

Back