• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electronic problems.......any one with info??

Tims99XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 99XJ have owned it less then a month, i have had this major annoying problem where i would get into the jeep and start it up(starts fine) but after about 2or 3 seconds it would just shut off. The dealership told me it is the SKIM(sentry key ignition module)module, so we replaced it, sure enough no more then two days go by and it happens again, so they replaced it again and cut me another new key. THEN tonight it happend again, it wont start, so off to the dealership it goes(towed second time). Just wondering if anyone has ever heard or had this problem! This time they are probably going to replace the PCM. ANy help would be helpfull, i just put my lift in, 31 BFG MTs, warn bumper and winch on, and I WANT TO GO OFFROADING, but i cant !! :(

I don't trust those chips-on-a-key. Ask the dealer if he cam just remove that system entirely.

God forbid he should actually get it working long enough to get you beyond the warranty period. You definitely don't want to know what one of those keys costs if you have to buy it.

Back