• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Northeast ohio newbie

Natural Ice

NAXJA Forum User
Im new to the area and to wheeling. I moved here from upstate newyork like a year ago and started dating a girl with a jeep. Needless to say the bug has bitten hard and I cant get enough, but I dont know where to go or anyone else with trucks that lives nearby so we dont get to use the jeep like a jeep too often. Its bone stock but we're willing to sacrifice body panels/driveline componets as neccesary. So if any body is going wheeling in NE ohio and dosn't mind us tagging along post something and I'd love to go!

Where are you located in Ohio, I'm in Mansfield about an hour north of Columbus. My friends and I will start going wheeling again now that the weather is getting better. Get me an e-mail or something and I'll let you know
Aueagle

Natural Ice said:
Im just southeast of cleveland but will drive if you know some good trails to challenge a stock jeep

Try checking here.
northeastcrawlers.com
Or here
halloffame4x4trailriders.org
There is also erie shore jeepers based from the cleveland area.

Yeah, check out northeast crawlers there in your area. Also check out eriejeeppeople.com were not that far from your area either. Wellsville/yellow creek area is probably only about a hour drive for you and there's everything you could ask for in that area.

XJHOX said:
Yeah, check out northeast crawlers there in your area. Also check out eriejeeppeople.com were not that far from your area either. Wellsville/yellow creek area is probably only about a hour drive for you and there's everything you could ask for in that area.

Erie, huh? That's not even an hour probably. Where we are, you can accidentally drive too far east and end up in PA. When do you guys have runs scheduled this spring?

btw I am not actually natty ice, I'm his girlfriend, but it is true, we both 'greatly enjoy' wheelin' in the same respect that an alcoholic greatly enjoys the bottle. So I hope to hear back from you, it is (almost, maybe, someday) spring and the mud bug is biting.

yeah, like everyone says, there's a lot of jeep clubs in all parts of ohio, just do an internet search. there's not a whole lot of trails in ohio to ride on, so most jeepers that knwo them keep them on the DL the clubs will let you ride with them to find out once you join, some will let you go on runs with them before you join too. Do a search for 'wellsville jeep' in google for pics of wellsville.

There's also a new website for ohio jeepers called www.jeepinohio.com, and members there have posted pictures of where the've went jeepin in ohio.

Hey Natural....I am in akron with an XJ. I am new to jeeps and trail riding myself and don't have anyone to go with. I've heard of a few small places in the akron area but not sure where they are. Let me know if you find anything or would like to go some time.

Since I'm in Toledo, I tend to go into Michigan (the Mounds near Flint). This summer (supposedly the first weekend in June) a couple friends and I are going to make the 3.5 hour trek to Wellsville.

Western Reserve 4 Wheelers, Inc. - Meet in Twinsburg - www.wrev.org

Also here are a couple planned events of other groups:

I abridged this first one from a BMP of the handout.

2nd annual food drive road rally

to benefit Portage Counties Center of Hope/Christian Cupboard

Saturday Feb. 25th 1:00 PM
Staring point Edinburg Town Hall
entry fee $3.00 w/3 non-perishable food items
$10.00 wo/food
Any vehicle welcome 4x4 or not
prizes awarded
lunch available
Sponsored by SUV 4 Adventure 4 Wheel Drive Club
Contact Dave 330-296-1818 or Leon 330-296-2651
e-mail [email protected]

*******************************************************************************************************
EC4WDA PRE-REGISTRATION FORM

MAY 12-14, 2006

The Forbidden Zone in Wellsville, Ohio

Please complete entire form and mail to:

Ed McKillip

11141 May Road, Wattsburg, PA 16442

Instructions for this form:

v Registrations and t-shirt orders must be in by April 30, 2006

v Use one (1) registration form per family or individual

v Payment must accompany this form. Do not mail without payment.

v Do not submit after April 30, 2006. You must register onsite after this date

v No refunds for cancellations

FEES AND PAYMENT

A—CAMPING FEES

No charge to camp at the Tri-County 4 Wheelers grounds.

If you are not the camping type, The Lisbon Inn is right down the road. 40952 State Route 154, Lisbon, OH 44432; 1-888-339-9758, local # 330-420-0111, www.lisboninn.com

LIST HOW MANY WILL BE CAMPING _________________

B—TRAILRIDING FEES (per person)

DAY ATTENDING NUMBER OF PEOPLE

Saturday only $5 ________ X _________ = _________

Sunday only $5 ________ X _________ = _________

Weekend $10 _______ X _________ = _________

C—T-SHIRT FEES

The shirts will be a gray or ash colored shirt with one vehicle from Regions A, B, C, and D on it. It will commemorate the weekend.

SIZE QUANITY

T-shirts $11 (S, M, L, XL) _____ X ________ = ______

_____ X ________ = ______

_____ X ________ = ______

No kid sizes and add an extra $1 for 2X and $2 for 3X

Registration and camping on Friday evening, with the trail ride leaving Tri County Grounds 9 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. We will convoy to Wellsville, Ohio to the Forbidden Zone. BRING A LUNCH.

Come one and all from every Region and let’s play together. Remember that we are BETTER TOGETHER!!!

For more info, contact:

Region A Ed McKillip 814-739-2945 or [email protected]

Region B Canda Boatman 570-398-0272 or [email protected]

Region C George McGuire 412-856-7969 or [email protected]

Region D Alan Laidlaw 203-723-9659 or [email protected]

Association contact Connie Benner 330-545-1175 or [email protected]

WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE STAYING ON THE TRI-COUNTY GROUNDS, INCLUDING KIDS.

NAME _________________________________________________________________

GUESTS _______________________________________________________________

ADDRESS ______________________________________________________________

DAYTIME PHONE ______________________________________________________

EMAIL ________________________________________________________________

CLUB _________________________________________________________________

EC4WDA MEMBER _____________________________________________________

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO EC4WDA

Also Southeast Buckeyes usually has a 3 day ride Memorial day weekend in Ludlow about 1/2 hr north on rte 26 out of Marietta. Considerable no. of 4x4 vehicles show up at this one every year.

Timber said:
Since I'm in Toledo, I tend to go into Michigan (the Mounds near Flint). This summer (supposedly the first weekend in June) a couple friends and I are going to make the 3.5 hour trek to Wellsville.

You guys coming out for the 4wd M&G??

hey ralph when is that?
i've driven by their place a few times on trips out to Kent State but I never had time to stop. By the way...im still stock unfortunately...still welcome?

You have a be a forum member at 4wd.com!! Head over there and sign up on the forums and there is an entire area of the message board for the M&G! Its the first weekend of June and yes stock rigs are welcome!!

Hey I just got an XJ and live in the Chagrin Valley area NE Ohio. I am looking to pay someone to change my fluids/teach me how to do it-- Send me a PM if you can do it-- I can drive to your place and will pay well

unclemonte said:
I live near Orwell (Southern Ashtabula County) Wellsville is only about 1 1/2 hours from you.
wellsville is closed to the public. Land sale.

Back