• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shackles with aal?

xjennyj

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering how terrible it is gonna be to add a shackle to my aal in the rear..I know that a shackle flattens the springs, and the all adds arch, right? So would the aal and shackle combo be useless? Full spring packs are kinda out of the question right now since I am poor...(college :bawl: )

Thanks guys!!

as long as you dont go to extreame all the time, it shouldn't be an issue. now if you have a 4.5 add a leaf and a 6 inch lift shakle, you are asking for trouble

xjennyj said:
I am wondering how terrible it is gonna be to add a shackle to my aal in the rear..I know that a shackle flattens the springs, and the all adds arch, right? So would the aal and shackle combo be useless? Full spring packs are kinda out of the question right now since I am poor...(college :bawl: )

Thanks guys!!

Make sure to get a full length AAL or better yet make a military style AAL from another leaf pack (it wraps around the eyes a bit to prevent S shaped pack).

To match the 3" lift coils on the front of my '94 XJ I used a BDS add a leaf, a
5/8" BDS block and a pair of Rustys 1.5" (.75" of net lift )greaseable shackles.
The springs have a nice positive arch and the ride is decent.

Back