• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to make 3' from OME

NMCruser

NAXJA Forum User
lookin' to clear 31's with OME stuff, how do I do it? I read somewhere that OME ZJ coils give around three. Is this true. What are the spring rates of those as aposed to OME xj coils

Just curious:

Are you confusing OEM with OME?
One is much more expensive then the other.

OME sells a 3" kit for the XJ (the expedition duty leafs and taller series coils). I wouldn't spend the coin on OME to get to 3". Their kit is designed as a perfectly optimized suspension for the factory design, and raising it doesn't do any good for the extra coin over other options (I've been there and done this). Either stick with the 30's and OME (a very capable setup) or move on to different kits. But, if you are hung up on OME, look into the taller kit.

As for OME ZJ, the ZJ lift is lower than XJ for OME. I don't think you'd get any additional lift on an XJ.

Nay

correction... I think I replied to this on JU but for clarification...

To get 3" isn't a big deal., it is just a swap.

OME 934 coils - these are the ZJ V* springs.
OME JC1A leafs - not the expedition springs .

The springs thet would not raise the XJ very much would be the OME 931's they are for a "plush" ride in a I6 engine and provide 1" lift on a ZJ.

The expedition springs are HD springs with a thick over load leaf on the bottom and are said to be very stiff and negate the benefits of the OME ride.

Notice they are refering to Old Man Emu (OME) versus Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) which in this case would be Daimler-Chrysler.

I ran the OME 930's up front plus a 3/4" spacer...that gave me 3" with an ARB bumper up front.

Back