• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for an xj in the Denver area?

mtnranger

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for an xj in the Denver area and could use your help finding a good one. Would like to keep the cost below $3000 if possible. Any leads would be appreciated. From what I've read here it looks like 87 and up with 92 preferred? Autotrader has a black 87 in it now for 3000 that looks great but its not the ho and he won't come off the price, what do you think? thanks
[email protected]

Conifer 'eh? Man, seemed like everytime I ran up Hwy 285 toward Pine I'd see 4 or 5 of 'em for sale by the road.

Have you driven through Evergreen lately? There's a few for sale there as well. I was up there this past weekend and looked at two that were for sale at the Chevron station near Hwy 74 and Meadow Dr. Both were $4500, but they've been sitting for quite a while. One's a '96, white, 4dr, auto and was probably a Govt' vehicle - bare bones, but very clean. The other was a '95, green, 2dr, 5 sp. Very clean with several options. I think they're owned by the guy that owns the gas station. He may have another blue 4 dr there he's getting ready to sell. Ya never know - $3000 cash may be just what gets him motivated...... The others along Hwy 74 near Bergen park, CR 65 were older, worn and well under $3000, but I wouldn't want 'em.

I'll keep my eyes out for others.

Good Luck!

Try looking on autotrader.com ........ I just fkew up and got This one for myself....... ;)

mtnranger said:
I'm looking for an xj in the Denver area and could use your help finding a good one. Would like to keep the cost below $3000 if possible. Any leads would be appreciated. From what I've read here it looks like 87 and up with 92 preferred? Autotrader has a black 87 in it now for 3000 that looks great but its not the ho and he won't come off the price, what do you think? thanks
[email protected]

With mods or without? I know of one with mods for around 7k...arbs, lift kit etc

I just ran slaughter house last sat. weekend and there was an 90 something model there for sale on the way up. accross the street from that gas station in pine at the stoplight. wasn't there when we came back but there was a cool cj.

This isn't mine, but a neighbor took it in on trade on a nearly new Subaru
to make the deal, so he doesn't really want it and now has $2500 into it.
It's white, has all electric doors/windows, pristine grey leather seats,
188K miles, 242 part-time/full-time transfer case, tinted windows, lovely
gold lace alloy rims, and looks really clean. Must've belonged to an older
couple I'd assume. The new owner says it drives fine, but needs a new belt
and that the drivers window sticks going up or down, which should be easy to
fix - he says the switch is good but needs a new regulator which can be
fixed before selling if needed. I noticed that the tires are okay, but are
stockers and nothing special. There's a couple of very minor cracks in the
paint on the passenger side, barely noticeable. I can go take a digital pic
and post somewhere if anyone's interested. Let me know if anyone's
interested - it's sitting just off the highway near my neighborhood. Thanks,
Aaron
Try emailing Aaron: [email protected]

He'll be a member one of these days.

Fred

I talked to John Lovett today who owns this very nice xj and he said to just call him and make any reasonable offer and he'd work with you as he doesn't want or need it. His home phone is 303.582.9460 or cell is 303.913.2754. Yes Fred, I'll be joining up soon...:) Aaron

Fred said:
This isn't mine, but a neighbor took it in on trade on a nearly new Subaru
to make the deal, so he doesn't really want it and now has $2500 into it.
It's white, has all electric doors/windows, pristine grey leather seats,
188K miles, 242 part-time/full-time transfer case, tinted windows, lovely
gold lace alloy rims, and looks really clean. Must've belonged to an older
couple I'd assume. The new owner says it drives fine, but needs a new belt
and that the drivers window sticks going up or down, which should be easy to
fix - he says the switch is good but needs a new regulator which can be
fixed before selling if needed. I noticed that the tires are okay, but are
stockers and nothing special. There's a couple of very minor cracks in the
paint on the passenger side, barely noticeable. I can go take a digital pic
and post somewhere if anyone's interested. Let me know if anyone's
interested - it's sitting just off the highway near my neighborhood. Thanks,
Aaron
Try emailing Aaron: [email protected]

He'll be a member one of these days.

Fred

mtnranger said:
[email protected]
Check mine out. http://members.rennlist.com/gman/jeep/93_XJ_for_sale/ $5K as it sits. Black rock crawlers instead of the alloys.

Back