• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL for RE1462?

xxxj-va

NAXJA Forum User
Just some forward planning here, but I really like the way the XJ sits with re1462's, a 1.5" shackle and rusty's 6.5 coils up front. What leaf (full, short, from another pack) has anyone run to boost the 1462's in inch or so when compensating for the addition of a rear mounted spare on aftermarket bumper. I don't want to go the block route, am I better off welding on a taller anti-wrap perch?

P

If it's still a fairly fresh pack I would go with the antiwrap perch. I went with my 1462's so that I maight be able to eliminate some of my springwrap. I found that even the perches on my D44 were causing too much leverage on the springs. So I added a antiwrap block to my perches .

I got the extra 1" lift to level out my front Rustys 4.5" coils with the 2" spacer. Now my rear is .5" over my front. I also noticed it onroad. Less rear end drop when I hit the throttle. I still have to test them offroad to see if they wil effect the flexing at all.

I like the idea Chuck!
I ended up going with a long tapered block. I took an RE 1 1/2" block, and tapered it to about 6*. It's about 3/4" longer on each end than the stock 44 perch. I got about an extra inch of lift and a nearly-perfect driveshaft angle.

Thanks guys, but what the heck is a tapered block? Does it look like a trapeziod (don't know what you call a 3D trapeziod) with the small base on the perch, I'm guessing here.

P

xxxj-va said:
Thanks guys, but what the heck is a tapered block? Does it look like a trapeziod (don't know what you call a 3D trapeziod) with the small base on the perch, I'm guessing here.

P
Think of a very thick 6 degree shim. I just took the block and tapered it to act as a shim while giving a little more height.

xxxj-va said:
Gotcha...RE sells tapered blocks..I am gonna call and see if they do 2*, 4*, 6* etc....

P
Good luck.
I bought a 1 1/2" tapered block, and increased the taper myself with a grinder and belt sander. Use an angle finder to get them both the same.

Back