• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is my shaft is too short??

homey_15

NAXJA Forum User
thinking about adding another 2" of lift to my 4.5", i was thinking about driveline vibes. i have access to a lift whenever i want it, so i was thinking about measuring the opening between the wheelwell and the top of the tire on front and back and then lifting the whole rig off the ground and using a floor jack to just allow the axles to droop enough to open the gap between the wheelwells and tires 2" more than it is now. does it seem like itd work or is it just me thinking too much? how high has everyone out there went before running into problems with driveshaft length? i use it for a daily driver with mainly easy/moderate wheelin but do some stupid/hardcore stuff on rare occasions. i'm thinkin i'm gonna have to get shafts made but want to make sure. thanks in advance for all your help.

Number one you didnt say what youre running currently.Secondly if your running stock type front setup your front driveshaft may be to long.As your axle moves down it moves back!

RCP Phx said:
Number one you didnt say what youre running currently.Secondly if your running stock type front setup your front driveshaft may be to long.As your axle moves down it moves back!

Even if you get longer CA's? Isn't that supposed to keep the axle in the correct position?

Getting longer control arms will help with that but possibly cause rubbing of the tires when stuffed plus worse pinion angles.

currently i'm running a double cardan (spelling?) front driveshaft and a stock rear, i'm having no problems with eiter at full droop or full compression

Back