• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift from leaf pack from SJ-waggy

Biovore

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking at the various cheapo leaf pack options, looking for about 4", and was about to grab a pack from a Dakota in the junkyard this weekend, but I just remembered the 78 Waggy I have stored with intentions of using the 44s from it later.
I was wondering if anyone has used the leafs from an old full-size and what kind of lift if any they got from it? Love to hear any/all experiences. Hoping to put something on this weekend with beautiful weather coming. This isn't intended to be a long-term thing, just hold me over for a few months of wheeling while I save for a new leaf pack.

It looks like you have a good plan, and you should be able to make those leafs packs work for quite awhile. All leafs packs are subject to spring wrap. The only way to keep even a new leaf pack good is to incorporate a good ladder bar and maybe even longer anti-spring-wrap perchers.

Used leaf packs may require a little more maintainance, but the cost as you know is very low.

Do a search, there are a lot of other doners out there.

Goodluck

i'm running a XJ/YJ pack and an RRO shackle for 4" even. XJ-main leaf and YJ-everything but the main. I would recomend cutting off the eyes of the YJ main and using it too for a little xtra support if you carry anything heavy.

p.s. let me know how the waggy leafs go i'm about to bump it up a notch :peace:

LRRH said:
SJs are SOA rear....so they will not give as much lift as a Dakota pack.
Anyone actually have an idea of how much they give? With shackles, blocks, laying around etc I'd be happy with 2" from the waggy pack for a few months to save time and money since I already have these springs. Be willing to use all leafs from both SJ and XJ if I have to =)

Back