• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Racing seats, what do you like?

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
I'm putting racing seats in my XJ, the rear two seats will be cheap Summet seats (kids don't need to be comfortable) but the front two I'd like to comfy.

What was used in the Give away XJ??

BJ, what do you have?

One Ton?

Hey Dan,

Duke has Beard Racing seats (suspension seats), and I don't recommend them. In a lifted XJ they are hard as hell to get in and out of due to high sides. Mine is a very comfortable seat once you are in, but Ang might have a problem with comfort. My girlfriend gets a massive wedgy due to the position the seat puts her in, but it only seems to be a problem when we are on the trail.

HTH,
Crunch

I have Mastercraft Rubicons. They are a suspension seat and are way comfortable. If you get them, I suggest that you get the lumbar support.

LOL when I sat in Duke the first time, I thought "What a PITA these would be for a DD or rig that ya had to get in & out of alot" OTOH I'm 5'7" and Duke's seats were a climb up.

I had no real seat time in it (2-3 minutes 3 or 4 times) but thought they were really comfy while in em. I hate to hear about the wedgies, but there is a simple solution :D

Fore Wheeler said:
...the rear two seats will be cheap Summet seats (kids don't need to be comfortable) but the front two I'd like to comfy.
You may want to rethink this. If the kids are uncomfey then they will whine and nobody likes whiney kids :nono: :D

Is there a race shop in your area that sells seats? You might be able to go and test sit seats in the shop.

AARON

as far as the getting in the seat with the high side, not a problem, I'm going to have side bars anyhow so we'll be doing the Bo and Luke Duke thing, as with the kids, they love wheeling and they will be happier with these cuz they'll not be 'thrown' around as much, and the plastic summet seats really aren't that bad, besides I'm winning an e-bay auction right now for two seats, covers, and sliders for $41, the kids WILL love them. Don't forget that I'm going to be doorless and roofless.

Now that I have some names/brands I can start my research.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I use the summit ones with the covers. I'm comfy all day long, so are the folks. I've had the thing almost completely laid over and realized I didn't have my belts on, but I didn't go anywhere. I wouldn't buy any cloth seat as it WILL get covered with wheelin' debris. Just pressure washed my whole interior yesterday, do that with your $150+ seats :dunce:

Fore Wheeler said:
as far as the getting in the seat with the high side, not a problem, I'm going to have side bars anyhow so we'll be doing the Bo and Luke Duke thing, as with the kids, they love wheeling and they will be happier with these cuz they'll not be 'thrown' around as much, and the plastic summet seats really aren't that bad, besides I'm winning an e-bay auction right now for two seats, covers, and sliders for $41, the kids WILL love them. Don't forget that I'm going to be doorless and roofless.

Now that I have some names/brands I can start my research.

Thanks.
check out http://www.prpseats.com They have seats just like the mastercraft rubicons, only mush cheaper.

Dan

OneTonXJ said:
Just pressure washed my whole interior yesterday, do that with your $150+ seats :dunce:

that's another thought that I didn't post, this will be a topless rig with full width axles that throws the mud, just getting in and out of the campground last weekend made a mess of my jeep (not as bad as the roll tho), and I too want to power wash my interior.

who's heard of Hunsaker...

seat_w_cover.jpg

These can be had for $120/pr with cover. Good deal? Are these better than the Summit seats??

The side bolesters look higher than the Summit's, but that doesn't matter to you, cuz you are topless. What they will do is hold you in better. The only thing I would look at is how the suspension system is set up on them.
Better suspension=better comfort that foam can't give you. When I went to a suspsension seat the long rides are cake compared to the stock seats. Just my .02

Fore Wheeler said:
who's heard of Hunsaker...

seat_w_cover.jpg

These can be had for $120/pr with cover. Good deal? Are these better than the Summit seats??

Ummm...dont take this wrong but....remember you are not a small waisted man, I know 'cause I am a little large also, OneTon is a skinny little sht. The way a small man and a bigger man fit into the same seat is a issue to address.

Rev

Rev Den said:
Ummm...dont take this wrong but....remember you are not a small waisted man, I know 'cause I am a little large also, OneTon is a skinny little sht. The way a small man and a bigger man fit into the same seat is a issue to address.

Rev

If you remember, Rev, I'm not the smallest of guys, either. The Rubicon's I have in my ride are quite comfortable.

Rev Den said:

Rev

Beez liked my ass, remember him rubbing it and making the excuse that he had to push Angies butt in the window.

really tho, I'm more belly than anything else, well other than the part that matters LOL, width wise I'd prob be okay.

BTW, these seats are 18 3/4" wide in the seat, my office chair is 19 1/2" between the arms with tons of room.

Fore 'not a real fat ass like Rev thinks' Wheeler :D

Fore Wheeler said:
BTW, these seats are 18 3/4" wide in the seat, my office chair is 19 1/2" between the arms with tons of room.

Fore 'not a real fat ass like Rev thinks' Wheeler :D

hey dan, what is the www for those hunsaker seats? me being quite the skinny one i think those would fit just right :D

Back